Four key considerations re JP

jahnyc

1. We need a back-up that can play. We know nothing about how JP will perform or his durability. If JP does not play well (this year or next year), we need a qb that can step in and play. We can't give JP three years to see if he develops. We need to win in the near term.

2. Does the team have confidence in JP? Will JP starting help, hurt or have no effect on our free agents staying or acquiring free agents.

3. We need to upgrade our o-line. JP will be blitzed often. He will need protection. This also may help with his durability.

4. It will be interesting to see if JP has the intangibles (i.e., pocket awareness, leadership, performing under pressure). Only by playing JP will we find out.

1.  We need a back-up that can play.  We know nothing about how JP will perform or his durability.  If JP does not play well (this year or next year), we need a qb that can step in and play.  We can't give JP three years to see if he develops.  We need to win in the near term.

2.  Does the team have confidence in JP?  Will JP starting help, hurt or have no effect on our free agents staying or acquiring free agents.

3.  We need to upgrade our o-line.  JP will be blitzed often.  He will need protection.  This also may help with his durability.

4.  It will be interesting to see if JP has the intangibles (i.e., pocket awareness, leadership, performing under pressure).  Only by playing JP will we find out.

241621[/snapback]

1.Absolutely...Fiedler or B. Johnson would be nice.

2.Yes...if they didn't, DB wouldn't be shown the door in two hours.

3.YES YES YES...Upgrade LG via F/A and ditto for LT if Jennings leaves. draft for OL depth.

4.I hope so. Like you said...only time will tell.