ESPN thinks Jay Fiedler might end up

BF_in_Indiana

that's why I say as a backup. Bledsoe costs more and simply won't back up JP.

Fiedler would.

I don't believe thats teh way you approach the backup QB position, especially in this situation ByTor.

The Bills should make every effort to bring in a guy who they would feel comfortable having as a starting QB for two reasons; 1) because JP needs pushed and needs to feel as if he must earn the job and 2) because at some point the guy we pick up IS going to be a starting QB.

If you go get a guy with the mindset that "Hey, he's only a back-up and doesn't need to be any good" then when he does play (which he will) he's going to hurt you.

I wouldn't want Drew or Feidler as my starting QB, therefore I have no interest in either of them as my backup QB.

Cya

I don't believe thats teh way you approach the backup QB position, especially in this situation ByTor.

The Bills should make every effort to bring in a guy who they would feel comfortable having as a starting QB for two reasons; 1) because JP needs pushed and needs to feel as if he must earn the job and 2) because at some point the guy we pick up IS going to be a starting QB.

If you go get a guy with the mindset that "Hey, he's only a back-up and doesn't need to be any good" then when he does play (which he will) he's going to hurt you.

I wouldn't want Drew or Feidler as my starting QB, therefore I have no interest in either of them as my backup QB.

Cya

241130[/snapback]

Good points. But I also feel Fiedler has the experience and is good enough to challenge a first year starting QB. To each his own I guess.

I'm just tired of Bledsoe. Seems like he never challenged himself. I can at least remember when Fiedler played above his potential. I also remember him beating us at home a few times when I thought we'd kill them.

Also, I'm being realistic and looking at the $ part of it.