I'm coming to Buffalo

BuckeyeBill

Looked around as I heard about this (I'm heading up to the game as well). Weather.com said just rain and accuweather.com was saying snow possibly. Haven't heard anything about a full wintry mix but if you have another source that is better about predicting Buffalo weather (haven't tried Buffalonews.com) please let me know (I'll admit I'm not the best at driving in snow/sleet type weather).

The biggest thing is to set your weather app for Orchard Park, not Buffalo. The weather can be fairly different, believe it or not. But when the temp is in the low 40's with a 80% chance of precipitation, what you tend to end up with is a mix of rain sleet and maybe a few snow flakes. Not as bad as it sounds, IF you are dressed appropriately. If you are not it can be a miserable experience (not unlike losing badly to the Pats ;) ).

Life-long Bills fan here, but now living far away in Virginia. My wife and son have never been to a game, so I decided to change that and got us three tickets for the Bills/Bengals game!

So excited for this experience, as they've never been around 75,000 screaming fans...

Make me proud Buffalo! Maybe the Bills can pull the upset, but either way the trip will be well worth it. Go Bills!

I'm in Indianapolis. I'm actually heading out there for this game too.

Buckey - unless your son is an adult, don't go to Hammers Lot. Sorry, PTR as I love your posts, but that is by far an adult lot. It is fun though, and if your son is 18, i agree with PTR. I would say before 8 am to get in as it fills up so fast.

I brought my son to his first game when he was 10 or 11, spent all morning at the Pinto and it was fine. In fact all of the people there, before as well as after the game, went out of their way to make sure he was well fed (his favorites were the pizza and the bacon cooked on the Pinto, and still are! :) ) and taken care of. Of course you will see drunks there, it is a Bills home game after all. If you tailgate at all you are bound to see that. And the ketchup ceremony, how could any father not let his son experience that at least once :)

Edited by CodeMonkey