[OT] The center of the Hockey Universe...

PromoTheRobot

When I first moved here, Manchester was a rundown shell of a city. Today we host the AHL All-Star game. The combination of a major airport expansion, a new 10,000 arena, and a new 6,000 baseball park have turned this place into one of the hot U.S. cities. The Manchester Monarchs are also minor hockey's top franchise in attendance (9,100 avg.)

Catch the game live on ESPN tonight.

PTR

When I first moved here, Manchester was a rundown shell of a city.  Today we host the AHL All-Star game.  The combination of a major airport expansion, a new 10,000 arena, and a new 6,000 baseball park have turned this place into one of the hot U.S. cities.  The Manchester Monarchs are also minor hockey's top franchise in attendance (9,100 avg.)

Catch the game live on ESPN tonight.

PTR

238824[/snapback]

Sounds like a nice story. Good for you and your city and thanks for the heads up on the game tonight.

The Manchester Monarchs are also minor hockey's top franchise in attendance (9,100 avg.)

238824[/snapback]

Good news for the Monarchs, but I have to ask where you got the stat that they lead in attendance?

Just defending the home team :devil: This link showed that the Calgary Hitmen (WHL) lead all North American hockey teams in attendance at the end of January - and they have had a couple of home games since with 10000+.