Spybot question

LabattBlue

I am running XP SP2(computer only 2 months old).  When  I run spybot I get this DSO exploit vulnerability.  It says it has cleaned it up, but if I run it again immediately afterwards, it is still there.  Any ideas???

PS I've also run adaware.

236952[/snapback]

... i get the same thing with 98 ... from what i understand, it's a "non-threat" that spybot see's as one ... spybot is working to eliminate this glitch in the future with newer versions ...

I am running XP SP2(computer only 2 months old).  When  I run spybot I get this DSO exploit vulnerability.  It says it has cleaned it up, but if I run it again immediately afterwards, it is still there.  Any ideas???

PS I've also run adaware.

236952[/snapback]

It's nothing. It's a bug in the program itself. There is a way to get rid of it but I would not worry about it all.

Trust me on this one bud!

Ready for the JP Era? :doh:

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/36.html

DSO-Exploit is a security gap in Internet Explorer, Outlook and Outlook Express. Microsoft did already close this gap with security updates, so with current Windows updates and patches installed, it will no longer be a threat to your system.

Spybot-S&D will still detect the DSO-Exploit, but instead of fixing it for good, it will unfortunately again set an invalid value. Therefore it will again be found with every scan.

This little bug in Spybot-S&D has already been repaired and the respective fix will soon be available as a program update.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/36.html

DSO-Exploit is a security gap in Internet Explorer, Outlook and Outlook Express. Microsoft did already close this gap with security updates, so with current Windows updates and patches installed, it will no longer be a threat to your system.

Spybot-S&D will still detect the DSO-Exploit, but instead of fixing it for good, it will unfortunately again set an invalid value. Therefore it will again be found with every scan.

This little bug in Spybot-S&D has already been repaired and the respective fix will soon be available as a program update.

236955[/snapback]

Step one, get rid of Explorer and Outlook.