Drew Bledsoe NFL Comeback Player of the Year

Drew Bledsoe is going to make a lot of people eat crow this year. The pieces I think are pretty much in place and here's why I think it'll happen.

1. Jim Mcnally- We may not have a great oline, but they're solid in run blocking. I'm a true believer in that good coaching, can make up for weaknesses. Mind you they still exist, but they can be compensated for.

2. Lee Evans- Yes, Yes I know rookie wr's barely ever make an impact in their 1st year, and even fewer set the world on Fire. (Randy Moss, Terry Glenn, Anquan Boldin). However I think Evans is pro ready. He catches naturally with his hands, instead of his body, and has exceptional speed. I think if he can get 50-70 catches 800+ yards and 5-7 tds this will open things up greatly for eric moulds.

3. Eric Moulds Healthy- No explanation needed

4. The Rest of the offensive coaching staff- Mularkey, Clements, Wyche in specific. Kill-A-Drive is gone. Also gone is the days where Bledsoe doesn't have to read and react to what his receivers are doing or where they might end up. Checkdowns will be in one spot during the playcall and he'll naturally know where they'll be. I think this season with more focus on the running game, combined with an offensive scheme thats a lot simpler, and designed to get the Ball out of Bledsoe's Hands faster that he will be much improved from what we've seen since the 2nd half of the 2002 season.

In closing maybe it's just wishful thinking and maybe he's washed up, but Drew Bledsoe does not have to carry this team on his shoulders, He just has to be a part of the team, which I think makes him all the more dangerous. Don't doubt this guy, He'll delightfully suprise bills fans world wide.

DREW BLEDSOE- 2004 NFL COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR

<YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST>

Drew Bledsoe is going to make a lot of people eat crow this year.  The pieces I think are pretty much in place and here's why I think it'll happen.

1. Jim Mcnally- We may not have a great oline, but they're solid in run blocking.  I'm a true believer in that good coaching, can make up for weaknesses. Mind you they still exist, but they can be compensated for.

2. Lee Evans- Yes, Yes I know rookie wr's barely ever make an impact in their 1st year, and even fewer set the world on Fire. (Randy Moss, Terry Glenn, Anquan Boldin). However  I think Evans is pro ready.  He catches naturally with his hands, instead of his body, and has exceptional speed.  I think if he can get 50-70 catches  800+ yards and 5-7 tds this will open things up greatly for eric moulds.

4. The Rest of the offensive coaching staff- Mularkey, Clements, Wyche in specific.  Kill-A-Drive is gone. Also gone is the days where Bledsoe doesn't have to read and react to what his receivers are doing or where they might end up.  Checkdowns will be in one spot during the playcall and he'll naturally know where they'll be.  I think this season with more focus on the running game, combined with an offensive scheme thats a lot simpler, and designed to get the Ball out of Bledsoe's Hands faster that he will be much improved from what we've seen since the 2nd half of the 2002 season.

In closing maybe it's just wishful thinking and maybe he's washed up, but Drew Bledsoe does not have to carry this team on his shoulders, He just has to be a part of the team, which I think makes him all the more dangerous.  Don't doubt this guy, He'll delightfully suprise bills fans world wide. 

DREW BLEDSOE-  2004 NFL COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR 

64[/snapback]

If that happens they'll build a shrine to Wyche and McNally and Mullarkey will be made lifetime general manager of the Canadian Ballet.

"Stinky" Mark Schlereth predicts that DB will be a probowler this year on NFL Live.  But he thinks the Bills will only be 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

112[/snapback]

If DB is ProBowl material, the Bills will be calling the shots at the SB.

Missing playoffs and excellent Drew play are contradictory notions as far as I'm concerned.

In closing maybe it's just wishful thinking and maybe he's washed up, but Drew Bledsoe does not have to carry this team on his shoulders, He just has to be a part of the team, which I think makes him all the more dangerous.  Don't doubt this guy, He'll delightfully suprise bills fans world wide. 

64[/snapback]

The only way Drew could delightfully surprise me is if he mailed me a check for a hundred bucks. :devil:

:devil:

Drew Bledsoe is going to make a lot of people eat crow this year.  The pieces I think are pretty much in place and here's why I think it'll happen.

1. Jim Mcnally- We may not have a great oline, but they're solid in run blocking.  I'm a true believer in that good coaching, can make up for weaknesses. Mind you they still exist, but they can be compensated for.

2. Lee Evans- Yes, Yes I know rookie wr's barely ever make an impact in their 1st year, and even fewer set the world on Fire. (Randy Moss, Terry Glenn, Anquan Boldin). However  I think Evans is pro ready.  He catches naturally with his hands, instead of his body, and has exceptional speed.  I think if he can get 50-70 catches  800+ yards and 5-7 tds this will open things up greatly for eric moulds.

4. The Rest of the offensive coaching staff- Mularkey, Clements, Wyche in specific.  Kill-A-Drive is gone. Also gone is the days where Bledsoe doesn't have to read and react to what his receivers are doing or where they might end up.  Checkdowns will be in one spot during the playcall and he'll naturally know where they'll be.  I think this season with more focus on the running game, combined with an offensive scheme thats a lot simpler, and designed to get the Ball out of Bledsoe's Hands faster that he will be much improved from what we've seen since the 2nd half of the 2002 season.

64[/snapback]

It would be nice ,we'll see

64[/snapback]

Very good points and with Henry and McGahee as the RBs, I look for Bledsoe to be able to relax and spread his offense around. Bills are a legitmiate playoff threat and Bledsoe will be there to lead the team.

"Stinky" Mark Schlereth predicts that DB will be a probowler this year on NFL Live.  But he thinks the Bills will only be 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

112[/snapback]

Yeah those 2 points do not mix whatsoever. If Bledsoe makes the pro-bowl there is NO way we will miss the playoffs.

Archived