What's Peter King smoking?

SoCal Pat

Yards Gained in Super Bowl

Most Yards Gained, Career

589 Jerry Rice, San Francisco-Oakland, 4 games

364 Lynn Swann, Pittsburgh, 4 games

323 Andre Reed, Buffalo, 4 games

Did some mutter something silly about him not showing up?

234400[/snapback]

0 touchdowns in four straight Superbowls. Comparing his Superbowl performances with Swan's and Rice's is laughable.

Maybe Irvin had better receiving talent than Andre Reed, but better leadership?

Uhh ... Peter? Wasn't this the same Michael Irvin whose off-field behavior was so deplorable that he had to sit out the first four games of the 1996 season? http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...art2/index.html

233929[/snapback]

That was after he already earned and won 3 rings. ;)

I've got no problem with King's statement, Irvin was a warrior in his prime.

0 touchdowns in four straight Superbowls. Comparing his Superbowl performances with Swan's and Rice's is laughable.

234408[/snapback]

Then Don Beebe should be in the HOF because he has 2 touchdowns in Super Bowls. And I think Don Smith should be allowed to enter. He had a TD in the Bills first Super Bowl. Timmy Smith of the Redskins showed up BIG TIME at the Super Bowl, he's a shoo - in. Next Year's class should have Larry Brown and Dexter Jackson Super Bowl MVP's who showed UP in the BIG GAME.

Well, except for that "Greatest Comeback Ever" thing.  You know, when Kelly and Thomas were hanging out on the sideline and Reed was snagging TDs all over the field.  I guess that was mostly Frank Reich, though.  ;)

234064[/snapback]

We are not talking about production. He had a great game and many other great games. Even in that game, you don't see Andre Reed walking up and down the sideline making sure his team stays in it. However, you do see Kelly and Talley being leaders.

Then Don Beebe should be in the HOF because he has 2 touchdowns in Super Bowls. And I think Don Smith should be allowed to enter. He had a TD in the Bills first Super Bowl. Timmy Smith of the Redskins showed up BIG TIME at the Super Bowl,  he's a shoo - in. Next Year's class should have Larry Brown and Dexter Jackson Super Bowl MVP's who showed UP in the BIG GAME.

234434[/snapback]

Firstly, you were trying to compare Rice and Swan's Superbowl acomplishments with Andre Reed's. Reed isn't even in the same zip code.

Secondly, I think that Reed is borderline as a HOF. He put up great numbers but is a step below Rice, Swan and Irvin. It's a tough call in my book.

King is a blow-hard idiot, who really should have no right to vote in things like the Pro Football HoF and League/Super Bowl MVP races. For example, he has played a MAJOR role in keeping Art Monk out of the Hall of Fame, yet he is a major supporter of Michael Irvin? Go figure.

233961[/snapback]

King is a blatant ball washer. He's been carrying several players water for years (see Favre, Brett).

He was on in Boston this week lamenting Harry Carson not making the HOF, and then trying to spin his ri-goddamn-diculous stance on Monk.

I am no fan of the Skins, but Monk belongs in the HOF.