Would any of you object to TD drafting

Like A Mofo

Since Shane Matthews is most likely gone, and if Drew stays on either as the #1 or #2 QB, would any of you object to the Bills taking a flyer on a QB maybe in the 6th, 7th round to serve as a #3 QB instead of signing a re-tread?

Who knows, if J.P. never worked out for whatever reason, maybe the Bills can hit paydirt like the Pats did with Brady, who knows.

Thoughts?

233849[/snapback]

if a guy is rated highly and he is there and at a spot below his slotting in the bills ranking system, they should take him regardless of position. it's time to start learning from the pats. take good players who you like and don't reach based on position. no more travares tillmans.

Since Shane Matthews is most likely gone, and if Drew stays on either as the #1 or #2 QB, would any of you object to the Bills taking a flyer on a QB maybe in the 6th, 7th round to serve as a #3 QB instead of signing a re-tread?

Who knows, if J.P. never worked out for whatever reason, maybe the Bills can hit paydirt like the Pats did with Brady, who knows.

Thoughts?

233849[/snapback]

I've been saying this for Months now...

Mel Kiper says he would Draft a later Round QB most every Year just to take a shot (with the proper Scouting obviously)...If only one pays off, it pays off huge...

In the Bills case this year, I really think it's obvious they need to take a shot at a later Round (4th-7th) QB...But maybe I'm in the minority...we'll see... :lol:

if a guy is rated highly and he is there and at a spot below his slotting in the bills ranking system, they should take him regardless of position. it's time to start learning from the pats. take good players who you like and don't reach based on position.  no more travares tillmans.

234127[/snapback]

Nothing against Conlan, but PGH's trade with the Bills to obtain Rod Woodson is an example. THeir secondary was quite good at the time, and there is something to be said for the philosophy of drafting into your strength, so it remains so. The Bills in Levy's years did just that with the OL.