Parent of the year award?

That's scary. There should at least be a life jacket on the kid for chrissakes!

This past summer we went down to the Outer Banks with the whole family. The waves there are pretty intense. My Son (5) was playing down near the surf looking for shells, and he was warned not to go out in the waves. My Father and I were sitting in chairs about 20 feet away from where he was playing.

Well, a "rogue wave" of sorts came up and knocked my son off balance and he fell down. I jumped up just as it happened and ran toward him. I literally dove to grab his leg as another wave pummeled both of us. I just hung on as tight as I could before my father get there to help. By far the scariest moment of my life. A second later and he might have drowned in the surf.

This guy is a moron.

That's scary. There should at least be a life jacket on the kid for chrissakes!

This past summer we went down to the Outer Banks with the whole family. The waves there are pretty intense. My Son (5) was playing down near the surf looking for shells, and he was warned not to go out in the waves. My Father and I were sitting in chairs about 20 feet away from where he was playing.

Well, a "rogue wave" of sorts came up and knocked my son off balance and he fell down. I jumped up just as it happened and ran toward him. I literally dove to grab his leg as another wave pummeled both of us. I just hung on as tight as I could before my father get there to help. By far the scariest moment of my life. A second later and he might have drowned in the surf.

This guy is a moron.

My thoughts exactly on the life vest.

The waves at the OB can be very dangerous.

I was out body surfing many years back with (my guess) over 3 foot swells and the wave broke so late that I was slammed head first into the sand with my back bent to where my heels probably touched the back of my head! I still have the scars on my bald head where the sand and "shells" scraped the skin off.

my relatives were having a nice chuckle as I was dragging myself onto shore

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

My thoughts exactly on the life vest.

The waves at the OB can be very dangerous.

I was out body surfing many years back with (my guess) over 3 foot swells and the wave broke so late that I was slammed head first into the sand with my back bent to where my heels probably touched the back of my head! I still have the scars on my bald head where the sand and "shells" scraped the skin off.

my relatives were having a nice chuckle as I was dragging myself onto shore

LMAO!! I'm sorry man, but the image of you getting "pile drived" by that wave literally made me laugh out loud. I know what you mean though. My brother in law and I did some body surfing in OBX. It's ridiculous. Once you go under you get tossed around like a rag doll. I hurt my neck and got scrapes all over my back and shoulder. My brother in law lost most of the back side of his swim trunks. :lol:

LMAO!! I'm sorry man, but the image of you getting "pile drived" by that wave literally made me laugh out loud. I know what you mean though. My brother in law and I did some body surfing in OBX. It's ridiculous. Once you go under you get tossed around like a rag doll. I hurt my neck and got scrapes all over my back and shoulder. My brother in law lost most of the back side of his swim trunks. :lol:

as I said everyone was laughing but me!!!!