OT Now that Football is over

T-Bone

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the Boston Red Sox repeat this year, can the signing of David Wells counteract that old fossil, Randy Johnson, and the big question

what are the Yankee fans going to chant since 1918 is kaput?

230844[/snapback]

Red Sox are the Champions and you still feel the need to bring the Yankees into the equation...classic

THAT in itself makes me feel good...and shows just how funny it is to see Red Sox fans obsess over the Yankees.

Red Sox are the Champions and you still feel the need to bring the Yankees into the equation...classic

THAT in itself makes me feel good...and shows just how funny it is to see Red Sox fans obsess over the Yankees.

230847[/snapback]

The Yankees are their number one rival in the divison and the Red Sox played them in the last two American League championships...so yeah we have to keep our eye on them.

Besides, the other teams in the AL really do not pose a threat to the Red Sox, the Yankees have to be beaten for the division title.

Can the Boston Red Sox repeat this year, can the signing of David Wells counteract that old fossil, Randy Johnson, and the big question

230844[/snapback]

Something tells me that you won't be so happy this time next year when neither the Red Sox or the Patriots are champions of anything. Enjoy it. :lol:

Something tells me that you won't be so happy this time next year when neither the Red Sox or the Patriots are champions of anything. Enjoy it.  :lol:

230855[/snapback]

That will be then my friend not now....and I would not count out either team for next year...the Red Sox are going to be playing better than everyone expects and you know the Patriots are going to be the pick in the pre-season for the Super Bowl.

230844[/snapback]

How the hell could you call Randy Johnson an old fossil when David Wells is even older?!?! :doh::w00t:

:lol:

That will be then my friend not now....and I would not count out either team for next year...the Red Sox are going to be playing better than everyone expects and you know the Patriots are going to be the pick in the pre-season for the Super Bowl.

230858[/snapback]

In the immortal words of Public Enemies Flavor Flav...."Don't believe the hype" :lol: The red sox were a fluke last year and they will not be able to hang with the Yankees this year. I'll give you the Patriots though. They are a juggernaught right now. We'll see how they react to losing all their coordinators though. That'll be interesting.

Boston has now gotten 3 Super Bowl Championships and 1 World Series in 4 years. Something tells me that their luck is about to run out.

Red Sox Suck! Patriots are going down next year without the coordinators. :lol:

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Patriots

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Red Sox

I find it extremely ironic that many of the same New Englanders who kvetch and complain about Yankees fans being smug, arrogant, and obnoxious are behaving just as badly today if not worse.

230904[/snapback]

They always do. and now the Red Sox fans are starting to do the same thing. That's why they are all m!@#$s. :lol:

They always do.  and now the Red Sox fans are starting to do the same thing.  That's why they are all m!@#$s.  :doh:

230915[/snapback]

Well the Red Sox fans need a little more than one world series every 86 years before they have any right to be smug, arrogant a$$holes like us Yankee fans. :lol:

The RED SOX were a FLUKE.. give me a break, moron. sweep alds,down 3-0 to win alcs then a sweep over a team that would of pounded the Yanks! FLUKE LOL!!

In the immortal words of Public Enemies Flavor Flav...."Don't believe the hype"  :lol:  The red sox were a fluke last year and they will not be able to hang with the Yankees this year. I'll give you the Patriots though. They are a juggernaught right now. We'll see how they react to losing all their coordinators though. That'll be interesting.

230878[/snapback]

As a longtime Yankees fan, I am not thrilled with the direction the team is going, they are getting more expensive and older, but Im not so sure they are getting better. Randy Johnson if healthy is dominant, but at his age, pitchers can lose it in the blink of an eye, and the Yankees just refuse to build up their farm system and keep their players, and IMO eventually that will bite Steinbrenner in the ass. Also the lineup needs more balance, too many free swingers and guys that arent fundamentally sound on the basepaths, and their defense isnt what it used to be either. Plus they brought in two pitchers from the National League over to the Americam League, which is usually not a recipe for success (rememeber Terry Mulholland Yankees fans?!) :lol:

As for the Red Sox, they will miss Pedro no matter how you slice it. The real wildcard of the Red Sox pitching staff will be Wade Miller, who has a LOT of talent and if he is right and adjusts to the AL, could be a force to be recokned with. And I still cannot figure out how the Cardinals could let Edgar Renteria go, still befuddles me.

The RED SOX were a FLUKE.. give me a break, moron. sweep alds,down 3-0 to win alcs then a sweep over a team that would of pounded the Yanks! FLUKE LOL!!

230933[/snapback]

haha... A little defensive are we? Could it be that you know I speak the truth? We'll see this year. haha... I love how Boston fans are so angry. Even after holding two of the major sports championships they are still such angry folks. Like I said earlier, enjoy this year ma$$hole! :lol: