Bills Should Trade for QB BJ Daniels

We're supposed to expect a trick play from Seattle involving their 3rd string QB?

OK.....

Expect may have been too strong a word. Let's change that to "don't be surprised". The fact that he was activated prior to the playoffs and not used leads me to believe that Carroll may have something in mind that the Patriots have not prepared for. He can also line up at any skill position on offense and potentially throw the ball. I would love to see Carroll use a similar play as the Edelman to Amendola option pass against Belichick with Daniels.

Why would you want a clone of Russell Wilson??

Some on this board still think that Russell Wilson is the beneficiary of a defense and nothing more than a shorter darker Trent Dilfer…. :doh:

Not sure how "darker" makes a difference but the Seahawks program with Wilson as QB is one worth emulating. The Bills have a strong defense...like the Seahawks. The Bills offensive line is still suspect until proven otherwise. So...if Daniels has the smarts and understanding of Trent Dilfer and the elusiveness of Russell Wilson I would take him.

If the 49ers saw enough in him to draft him and the Seahawks saw enough in him to claim him, sign him, and give him a promotion to the active roster it might indicate he would be a calculated risk worth taking.

Not sure how "darker" makes a difference but the Seahawks program with Wilson as QB is one worth emulating. The Bills have a strong defense...like the Seahawks. The Bills offensive line is still suspect until proven otherwise. So...if Daniels has the smarts and understanding of Trent Dilfer and the elusiveness of Russell Wilson I would take him.

If the 49ers saw enough in him to draft him and the Seahawks saw enough in him to claim him, sign him, and give him a promotion to the active roster it might indicate he would be a calculated risk worth taking.

I am pretty sure that the "darker" reference has nothing to do with his abilities. Seems to me that it was a comparison of physical traits between RW and TD. The fact that TD is 6'4, weighs about 250 lbs. and has a fairly pale skin tone, and RW is 5'11", weighs about 210 lbs and unless my eyes deceive me, has a somewhat darker complexion. If his skill sets are similar to that of TD, i would say the comparison that was made, is fairly spot on. All the poster was doing was pointing out physical difference.

Jackson is a FA. I suspect the Seahawks promoted this kid to the active roster and gave him a salary hike because they think he has a legit shot to be their backup next year.

I don't disagree. The word is out on this guy and, at the very least, the Seahawks want something if they lose him. I think he is legit and would really like to see him come in via trade and compete.