One of the great things about Rex hire is this speaks wellof

Hplarrm

Whaley!!!

1. HC Doug Moron running out on the Bills likely means in the alleged dispute with HC D. Moron Whaley won so clearly that Doug slunk out of town. While it does not speak highly of Whaley that he ended up fighting with an underling, there is always a natural tension between the GM job which is to think and plan for the future and the HC job which has much more focus on the here and now.

I would think even less for a GM who lost the battle with his HC (ala Cowher/TD).

2. The Pegulas pretty much endorsed Whaley by turning the HC search publicly over to him. Even better it was clear Brandon and Overdorf were out of the lead and even loop on this.

3. Whaley hit the ground running speedily pulling off a dozen interviews rapidly and in a huge turnaround from the Ralph days pulled the trigger quickly getting an HC candidate in demand with other teams. The Bills are already moving on OC and DC desires (Roman and Schwartz before the smoke even clears on NFL HC choices.

I do not expect my GM to hit on every move (the jury is still out for a couple of years but looks like he gave up too much to move up for Watkins- this move is not a bust as Watkins is our clear #1 WR as a rookie but woulda/coulda/shoulda he gotten Beckham for no trade. However this potential miscue pales to me nerxt to some spectacular trade and FA acquisitions.

Overall, I feel positive about Whaley's aggressive stance!!!

I don't think we know anything yet, but I am very hopeful you are correct. Pretty sure Rex will be reporting directly to Pegula, and I presume Whaley will also. One would think that if Rex had any inkling of not being able to get along with Whaley he wouldn't have accepted the position.

I wonder if Polian would have been a sexy Rexy guy, lol I doubt it. I like the hire

It does break the mold at OBD. That's probably a good thing. Well, it may or may not - but it is something that thousands of fans have been clamoring for for over a decade.