Will the Interview Process help Shape the Bills Future?

Jmsbills

The Pegula's have spoken with Bill P - about the "Football Czar" - operations position. Who knows who else they have spoken with about that type of position. We know they have and are interviewing 10-15 coaching candidates. Are they using this process to ask questions about how " you would do it here" and what type of " organizational structure they prefer or think works" - what do you think of our current roster, etc. What would you do to improve the offense? Is EJ a viable option ? Are they "picking the brains" of all these candidates. This can be a great and productive process for the entire organization. Especially if they get some type of general consensus responses for the group of candidates. I would like to hear what Rex has to say about the roster - he should be the most familiar with it - how does he feel about the over all talent. ( I personally want no part of him as our coach - but would like to hear his thoughts).

Is the consensus going to be " blow it up and start over" or its in really good shape and I would tweak it here and there? I know Russ B., has said in the past he and Doug W, would like to sit down the Pegula's after the season and discuss organizational changes and things they would like to implement, ( things they were not allowed under Ralph/Jeff Littman)

Who knows where this will go - but let's hope for the best. GO BILLS.

I would like to hear what Rex has to say about the roster - he should be the most familiar with it - how does he feel about the over all talent. ( I personally want no part of him as our coach - but would like to hear his thoughts).

I just made this point in the Rex Ryan thread. He is a Defensive guru who has faced our Offense twice a year for several years. Who better to discuss our weaknesses and areas most in need of improvement. I hope we really take advantage of this opportunity to pick his brain.

You make a great point. The interview process for the Pegula family is a kind of meet and greet. They are getting to know the people around the league who coach teams from different perspectives and are learning what works and what does not work. I think the process is very encouraging for them and for the Buffalo Bills. I am confident that they will make a great decision here just like the one to sell all that oil exploration land a few months prior to the price of oil getting cut by 60%.

I've had to hire people before. I never interviewed 10-15 people for one position. If I did that, I would be a confused mess at the end of the interview process, never remembering exactly who said what in the interview.

Not sure why that would be the case. When we do interviews, the questions are pre-printed and answers are recorded. After the interview the hiring staff reviews the answers and grades them accordingly and makes recommendations for hire. Final say is the person who is doing the hiring, but a staff evaluates the candidates and makes recommendations in writing as well as discussing their recommendations with the hiring manager. I'm sure that the Pegulas are savvy enough to sort through the candidates and listen to recommendations and make a decision.

I've had to hire people before. I never interviewed 10-15 people for one position. If I did that, I would be a confused mess at the end of the interview process, never remembering exactly who said what in the interview.

I'm guessing Terry can afford a pen.

Not sure why that would be the case. When we do interviews, the questions are pre-printed and answers are recorded. After the interview the hiring staff reviews the answers and grades them accordingly and makes recommendations for hire. Final say is the person who is doing the hiring, but a staff evaluates the candidates and makes recommendations in writing as well as discussing their recommendations with the hiring manager. I'm sure that the Pegulas are savvy enough to sort through the candidates and listen to recommendations and make a decision.

10-15 candidates?

I was surprised when some posters were unhappy to learn that the Pegulas were involved in the interview process. I guess they were worried about a Jerry Jones type scenario with an amateur owner making football decisions.

But I think the Pegulas need to be involved in the process. They are the owners and as I learned in the army, "The leader is in the critical place at the critical time." Would we instead want the Pegulas to hang out in Boca Raton when a new HC is being chosen?

This has got to be a great learning experience for them - talking to a dozen smart NFL insiders with very different perspectives. The smarter the Pegulas become, the better owners they'll be.

10-15 candidates?

Sure, if there are that many that are qualified and have applied. The interviews help sort things out. You narrow it down, then do a second round and if need be narrow it and do it again til you have the person you want.