Our Assistants/Coordinators

There has been nothing reported (that I've seen) about the future of our (still under contract) coaching staff.

Anyone think it's possible they're asking the next HC to come and be the caretaker in 2015?

the way I understand it, they are all under contract. They will be at the mercy of the new HC as to whether he wants to retain them.

They can leave on their own before that, if they have another opportunity. But unless it is a HC job, the Bills do not need to grant permission for the interview. (Except if it is a college job)

So Doug left them in limbo.

There has been nothing reported (that I've seen) about the future of our (still under contract) coaching staff.

Anyone think it's possible they're asking the next HC to come and be the caretaker in 2015?

I believe all assistants (outside of Schwartz, who is signed through 2016) had deals through 2015.

I know they're under contract, but none of them seem to be actively pursuing or seem to be pursued.

That leads me to believe there's a possibility that the whomever is calling the shots prefers a HC that leave most of them in tact, as they've been told their job security isn't necessarily in jeopardy.

This to go along with each and every other cockamamie theory, explanation and prediction circling this past week!!

I know they're under contract, but none of them seem to be actively pursuing or seem to be pursued.

They can only be pursued if (a) they are being offered a promotion to HC, or (b) they are being let out of their contract by Buffalo. As of now, there's no reason to believe that either would be the case.

That leads me to believe there's a possibility that the whomever is calling the shots prefers a HC that leave most of them in tact, as they've been told their job security isn't necessarily in jeopardy.

This to go along with each and every other cockamamie theory, explanation and prediction circling this past week!!

schwartz was pursued and the Bills denied the intvw because it was for a DC. Wheatley was pursued and is interviewing because it's a college job.

On another thread upon this Forum there has been some discussion about RB Coach Ty Wheatley interviewing for a similar position with Harbaugh's University of Michigan. Aside from that, I also haven't read and/or heard any other movement on the coordinators and assistants. Though I wouldn't personally retain the inept OC, he and these men deserve much better than what Doug "it's all about me" Marrone did to them, leaving them in virtual exile...

Do the assistant coaches have guaranteed contracts as well? If so, I could see that as a reason why Pegs has not done anything with them yet. Hire the HC first and then let him choose which members from the current staff he may want to keep. Why get rid of a guy that the new coach may want to keep on staff and risk having to pay him if he doesn’t land another job.

I do recall during prior head coaching changes, for both us and around the NFL, that the new HC interviewed at least some of the prior coach’s staff and in some cases kept them on.

Edited by 3 --> 10 Connection