Now that we know what we know...

When will fans like you get it? EJ is NEVER going to be a franchise QB which is what we need. At best the kid will be a back up, period. He just doesn't have it between the ears, never has, never will.

Fans like you will never get that EJ has played 14 games that matter. In that limited time, he has produced as many moments that could project greatness (Carolina game and Baltimore game) as moments that could project bust (Houston game, San Diego game). Take your BS elsewhere.

If EJ plays that game - you get the benefit of putting 60 minutes of a question mark QB on film against live competition and one of the better defensive schemes in the National Football League -- so that coaches can analyze and diagnose what they have to work with in 2015. I think Reich or any next coach not named Schwartz would have highly valued such film.

Of one more game? Sorry, I just don't think the benefits outweighing the risks. There's 14 games of tape, one more here or there isn't gonna make that much of a difference.

Of one more game? Sorry, I just don't think the benefits outweighing the risks. There's 14 games of tape, one more here or there isn't gonna make that much of a difference.

FC - his last game on tape came in week four with a line that was a dumpster fire and his star receiver playing with injury. Not to mention all the time that he had to "learn" from our coaches and observe how a vet QB operates. I think it would have been a valuable option to see if/how much he has progressed. As it now stands - only Schwartz has any idea if the kid has progressed over the last 3/4 of his second NFL season.

FC - his last game on tape came in week four with a line that was a dumpster fire and his star receiver playing with injury. Not to mention all the time that he had to "learn" from our coaches and observe how a vet QB operates. I think it would have been a valuable option to see if/how much he has progressed. As it now stands - only Schwartz has any idea if the kid has progressed over the last 3/4 of his second NFL season.

I get what you're saying. But we're going to sign or draft some more QB's either way. Long term, it's not gonna matter. The only thing that would change is the fans' hopes and dreams in the offseason if EJ played.