(OT) Planing to go to San Fran for my 20th

envirojeff

If you take the coastal drive, stop at main street sushi and the Half Moon Bay Bakery in half moon bay. And hit Duarte's (cream of artichoke soup) and arangelis bakery (artichoke and garlic bread in Pescadero.

227548[/snapback]

Is that little burrito place still there on Half Moon Bay? I can't remember the name of it but it was great.

Caffe Sport in North Beach. A Sicilian restaurant, VERY casual with a limited menu. The absolute best pasta con pesto that I've ever had. Cash only. No reservations.

You've gotten great advice from all of these folks. We've been going to SF for over 20 years at least once or twice each year but spend most of our time in the wine country. If you are into wine, PM me and I'll give you a long list of wineries that I'll tailor to the types of wine that you enjoy.

Is that little burrito place still there on Half Moon Bay?  I can't remember the name of it but it was great.

227656[/snapback]

3 amigos on highway 1? That's the best one I know of. The main street area is in the 2nd wave of yuppification - most of the old school places have been pushed out.

Definitely do the Alcatraz audio tour it is worth it.

The Cable Cars are nothing special, but go for it if you like.

If you decide to travel North of SF, I recommend you checking out the town of Tiburon. It's just past the Golden Gate bridge. It's a nice place to visit.

If you travel South of SF, definitely check out Monterey. It's a long trip about 80 miles I guess, so it could be tiring. When there, check out the Monterey Bay Aquarium, I believe they still have the great white shark there. Also check out Carmel and 17 mile drive, it's gorgeous. If Monterey seems too far, then I would suggest checking out Santa Cruz or Capitola.

I don't know if you have visited Califorina before or not, but you can not leave without trying an In-N-Out burger. There are a couple in SF, one on Fisherman's Wharf. The best fast food hamburgers in California.

If you want to have a romantic dinner, I would say definitely go to the Equniox at the Hyatt Regency Hotel. It's on the expensive side, but it's worth it. The Hyatt Regency in SF is where they filmed "The Towering Inferno". The Equinox is a revolving restaraunt at the top of the hotel. You get a grand view of the entire Bay Area. Here's a couple links about the place.

http://sanfranciscoregency.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml

http://sanfranciscoregency.hyatt.com/prope...ml?id=3&ssnav=0

Thats all I can think of now. Hope you 2 have a great time.

I lived in the bay area for 4 years, love it soooo much there.

Def do the gate, wharf is pretty cool, although really touristy.

You must go to some restaurants in North Beach. Some of the finest italian joints you will ever see. If you like some rock and roll history, go check out haight asbury, home of the 60s! I think the grateful dead house is on 710 haight? its on the corner there somewhere, also, amoeba records is one of the coolest record stores on the planet!

if you get a chance, drive up to Muir woods, check oiut the redwoods, its only right across the golden gate bridge in Marin county, so not far out of the city. very nice. theres more, depends on how long u are planni8ng on staying there.