Why not us?!

I get it. Its as unlikely as getting struck by lightning twice in the same spot.

The remaining stretch is, by far, the toughest in the NFL. And I know I'm probably kidding myself being as hopeful and "billieving" that the 14 year drought could end this year. But consider the following:

-In 2007, the New York Giants were staring down the barrel of a losing season, before catching fire the last month and a half. Beating the (previously) undefeated Pats* with a 9-7 reg season record. There's always a team that catches fire at the end of the year. And with this defense, i think we will at least be in every, yes EVERY game down the stretch.

-Denver is not the same team as a year ago: Last years Broncos relied and more often than not succeeded on Peyton's arm. This year, a much more balanced attack with CJ Anderson. However, If we CAN stop Anderson and make them one dimensional, knock Peyton around like we know how, I think we have a real shot.

Green Bay at home: This in my opinion is without question the most complete team in football. I give us a shot here simply because of the defensive front 7 and the fact that its at the Ralph. If this game were in Green Bay...no shot, sorry.

The Black Hole: Ive been one to give the Raiders props all year for playing hard even though they were winless up until they stunned KC a couple weeks ago. But they just plain didn't show up in Stl., dropping to the Rams 52-0. This team has officially quit. If we cant beat them, we just dont deserve it. Period.

0-fer at the Razor Blade: Look, any true, diehard Bills fan knows that in week 17, the hoodies not fielding Jimmy Garrapalo and a bunch of scrubs. He will play his starters. Just to stick it to us. But you know what? I want it that way! Secondly, in recent years, the Bills seemingly play better (although no wins) at Gillette against the Pats* than RWS. Belichick may play his starters, but I believe if we need this game more than they do...we find a way.

Call it false hope, dillusion or what have you. But with Jimbo beatinv cancer, new ownership, the community pulling together to beat "SnowMaggedon"...maybe this is the year that we finally...circle the wagons...

GO BILLS

Eli had a decent year in '07, but it was far from great. Also, if you'll recall, the Giants front seven began taking over games down the stretch...sound familiar?

Orton has been below decent when it has mattered the most. Eli has the clutch gene, KO does not. Heart says yes and head says no.

Well that's why the play the games. The problem is that Buffalo has absolutely zero offense. The only player currently producing on that side of the ball is Woods. According to everyone Sammy is a baller, but I have not seen it at all (insert your excuses here)! The defense has been winning games by forcing opposing quarterbacks to make mistakes. That works periodically with many qb's in this league, but getting it to work against Manning, Rodgers and Brady is just unrealistic.

If this team has any chance at all, the Offense needs to score touchdowns not fieldgoals. We shall wish, but I am realistic that the next four games will result in 1-3