If the Vikes want Henry and want to deal

Like A Mofo

Lets say the Vikings do not want to part with a 2nd round pick, and there are no other good offers out there for Henry....maybe it would be a good idea for the Bills to ask the Vikings for RB Moe Williams and maybe a 4th round pick as an example.

Here are some of the assets to having a guy like Moe Williams on the Bills:

1. He is used to being a backup RB, so he will know his role behind McGahee.

2. He has been productive as a starter in the short term, which could be crucial for the Bills heaven forbid Willis McGahee ever went down with an injury.

3. He is good in short yardage goal line situations, as evidenced by his 18 TD's in his last 3 seasons, and he can catch the ball out of the backfield (65 receptions in 2003), so he would be a nice saftey valve for whomever is under center for the Bills come the start of 2005.

Im not even sure if Moe would be available, but it is an option I wouldnt mind seeing the Bills consider.

Thoughts?

I like Moe Williams. He has good hands, and is absolutely a monster in blocking and blitz pickup. He has destroy a LB'er or two. I don't think Henry is going there but Moe and a late round pick would be good. And you're right he as shown the ability to come off the bench and could start a few games as needed.

Im not even sure if Moe would be available, but it is an option I wouldnt mind seeing the Bills consider.

Thoughts?

224841[/snapback]

Moe Williams and a 4th round pick for Henry? My thoughts are this is going to be a loooooooooooooong off season.

if they are interested (and i still can't figure out why), i'd be more interested in kleinsasser.........best blocking TE in the game, although i doubt the vikes would give him up after inking him long-term last spring.........anyway, no interest in moe williams, backup RB's are a dime a dozen........

if they are interested (and i still can't figure out why), i'd be more interested in kleinsasser.........best blocking TE in the game, although i doubt the vikes would give him up after inking him long-term last spring.........anyway, no interest in moe williams, backup RB's are a dime a dozen........

224854[/snapback]

Moe is different. He plays a lot bigger then he is. Very happy to do ST and is pretty good at them. He is a stud 3rd down back, great hands or can read D's and stays in to blitz well. Even for his size he has injured a few Lb'er by destroying them on the blitz. He is a very average runner, but can put up decent numbers if holes are there. He protects the ball well.

Why would the Vikings want Henry?  They have Moe, Bennett, Ontario Smith, and Mewelde Moore.  The last thing they need is yet another runningback.

CW

224849[/snapback]

My first thought was that too, but it just seems the Vikings cannot decide on a #1 RB and Bennett dosent seem to have the durability to be a #1 RB for an entire year (Onterrio Smith is the wildcard of that bunch). And maybe with AW and Ted Cottrell in Minny, that may influence the Vikings to look into this move, who knows.

VABills brought up another good point about Moe, excellent blocker and good and picking up the blitz as well. And people may say "Only a 4th rounder and Moe for Henry??!?! Are you nuts?!?!"...Moe would KNOW his role, wouldnt B word like Henry, and he would make their RB core more versitale.

None is a "feature" back.  And the Vikes openly expressed interest in him, so that's a known fact.  How much they want him is anyone's guess at this point.

224853[/snapback]

I'd disagree and say that Bennett is a feature back.

Where'd you read that the Vikes are interested in Henry? I havn't heard that on any of the local sports shows or papers (although I don't pay that close attention either).

CW

I'd disagree and say that Bennett is a feature back.

He's rarely ever healthy enough to put up decent numbers. He's had 1 season where he eclipsed 700 yards, in his 4 in the NFL.

Where'd you read that the Vikes are interested in Henry?  I havn't heard that on any of the local sports shows or papers (although I don't pay that close attention either).

It was on KFFL and mentioned here on TBD a few days ago.

None is a "feature" back.  And the Vikes openly expressed interest in him, so that's a known fact.  How much they want him is anyone's guess at this point.

224853[/snapback]

It seems to me that a lot of teams are getting away from the "feature" back concept if they can because of the risk of relying too much on one guy. I think the trend will be more RBBC so you don't see guys getting worn down late in the year, just when teams need them most. This has already happened in Green Bay, Dallas is actively looking for someone to help JJ with the load, KC and Denver have stockpiles of running backs, etc.

i dont like the idea of trading henry for a backup RB. last i checked he will be a starter on the team he goes to. and current asking price is a second rounder.

if we do get a player, he has to be a starter, and i dont see that happening.

with our 2nd rounder from the henry trade, the bills select a KICKER from ohio state.

If the Vikings go for this, I say do it RIGHT NOW. The Bills probably won't get a better deal anywhere else.

It initially struck me as odd that the Vikings would be interested, but maybe they're trying to shake things up. They have 4 solid RBs - any of which can start. However, the one guy they may not want to get rid of is Williams - based on the reasons we've said. If Moe would really be content as a backup, Minnesota might want to offer up Smith or Bennett instead.

If they actually try to trade for Travis, I hope they know what they're getting into. Nothing wrong with him, but they should know Travis *wants* to start. For their sake, I'd hope the remaining RBs would accept a backup role.