Environmental reparations....

Another local enviro posted this on the neighborhood page....Thoughts???

"Although there are multiple variables to consider, this is a highly informal survey: 10th Ward Residents, my professor challenged me to a test, and this is an informal survey: Environmental Justice includes a component of reparations. Should you, as a resident of the 10th Ward, be offered a choice between structural reparations--wherein local corporations who are known to contaminate the environment were to be legally compelled to make corrective (and costly changes), or financial reparations --wherein you were to receive $20,000 just to agree to "live with it:, which would you, as a resident of the tenth ward choose? (As a lifelong resident of the East Side, I already proposed what I believe the results would be, but...let's find out)."

Edited by tomato can

Another local enviro posted this on the neighborhood page....Thoughts???

"Although there are multiple variables to consider, this is a highly informal survey: 10th Ward Residents, my professor challenged me to a test, and this is an informal survey: Environmental Justice includes a component of reparations. Should you, as a resident of the 10th Ward, be offered a choice between structural reparations--wherein local corporations who are known to contaminate the environment were to be legally compelled to make corrective (and costly changes), or financial reparations --wherein you were to receive $20,000 just to agree to "live with it:, which would you, as a resident of the tenth ward choose? (As a lifelong resident of the East Side, I already proposed what I believe the results would be, but...let's find out)."

I think you need to associate with fewer lunatics.

I think you need to associate with fewer lunatics.

DCTom here is the latest from my local enviro lunatics....They are something else LOL

Pope is the current Alderman...

"Funny thing is, the 10th Ward, that's right, our cluster of communities has the highest cancer rate in the midwest--in the entire midwest, the 10th Ward (60633, 60617, 60647) has the highest cancer rate. Although this is not an issue that can be laid entirely at the feet of Pope, the manufacturing industry has been dead in the United States because INVESTORS WANT GREATER PROFITS THROUGH EXPORTING MANUFACTURING, and as industry has been collapsing since the 1950's--every alderman had opportunities to invite economic potential to the south east side. Instead each and every one of them made deals with unions, (ERV), investors (JB) and the machine (Pope) to perpetuate the 10th Ward as a sacrifice zone. Remember our ancestors moved into the region, accepting the risks, to make life better for their children. As the medium for upwards economic mobility imploded, NONE of our representatives fought for a piece of what is coming. Local Agriculture (produce, hemp, and poultry) is emerging as a new industry --and NOW....more than a year after it was suggested, Pope reaches out to Openlands and the Healthy Schools Campaign. So, while Pope wants to reach out to Openlands for Healthy Communities in 60633, he supports KCBX in 60617. He's as fricking fraud that, if he had the best interest in mind, would have acted BEFORE Gary Comer and Lane Tech."

Edited by tomato can