Dialation Extraction?

OnTheRocks

Jeanene Garafolo just stated that "Partial Birth Abortion" does not exist.

She said it is a made up term for the purpose of convincing people to vote a certain way.

She did say however that there was something called, "Dialation Extraction".

Can anyone tell me if she was serious?????

On a less serious side...I think someone should tell her that anorexia is not a good look on her. Quick! Someone get the girl a cheesburger and tie her hands behind her back!

She said it is a made up term for the purpose of convincing people to vote a certain way.

On a less serious side...I think someone should tell her that anorexia is not a good look on her.  Quick!  Someone get the girl a cheesburger and tie her hands behind her back!

16916[/snapback]

It exists. The right calls it that because that's pretty much what it is. The baby is in the canal and they suck it's brain out. Really a beautiful procedure, in that Rwandan slaughter kind of way.

The lefties call it "Dialation extraction" because that sounds alot better to the Hot Pocket's crowd.

It exists.  The right calls it that because that's pretty much what it is.  The baby is in the canal and they suck it's brain out.  Really a beautiful procedure, in that Rwandan slaughter kind of way.

The lefties call it "Dialation extraction" because that sounds alot better to the Hot Pocket's crowd.

16926[/snapback]

I am aware of Partial Birth Abortion..the term and what it is. But this must be a new stratosphere for liberals to try and cover up an act of slaughter by using a term like, "Dialation Extraction"?

Incredible. :P

I am aware of Partial Birth Abortion..the term and what it is.  But this must be a new stratosphere for liberals to try and cover up an act of slaughter by using a term like, "Dialation Extraction"?

Incredible.    :P

16929[/snapback]

They are the same people that think Affirmative Action is a good thing. Oh, and there was actually a surplus. Amazing.

I am aware of Partial Birth Abortion..the term and what it is.  But this must be a new stratosphere for liberals to try and cover up an act of slaughter by using a term like, "Dialation Extraction"?

Incredible.    :P

16929[/snapback]

It is the medical term for it. It ain't pretty. But that term existed before Partial Birth Abortion did. The right has pretty much succeeded in applying that label and making it the name for the procedure. Most instances where this is used are when mother's life is in danger, or there is something seriously wrong with the pregnancy.

Nobody likes it, but if I had a kid with a hideously deformed brain and he was going to enjoy no quality of life, I would like to have the option open for me and my wife. I love and want children, but not at the expense of having to watch and experience severe suffering every day. The choice should exist, and every doctor should caution and recommend against it unless it is the LAST resort in a bad situation.

It is the medical term for it.  It ain't pretty.  But that term existed before Partial Birth Abortion did.  The right has pretty much succeeded in applying that label and making it the name for the procedure.  Most instances where this is used are when mother's life is in danger, or there is something seriously wrong with the pregnancy.

Nobody likes it, but if I had a kid with a hideously deformed brain and he was going to enjoy no quality of life, I would like to have the option open for me and my wife.  I love and want children, but not at the expense of having to watch and experience severe suffering every day.  The choice should exist, and every doctor should caution and recommend against it unless it is the LAST resort in a bad situation.

16997[/snapback]

And what happens if you have a child who isn't quite wired right and starts stealing, fighting and generally getting in massive amount of trouble especially in their teen years. That child would not have a quality of life in reform school and/or jail. I know let's have a "full born after birth abortion". The medical term would be "Teenus eliminatous".

You know as a parent we have to take our child as they are.

On a less serious side...I think someone should tell her that anorexia is not a good look on her.  Quick!  Someone get the girl a cheesburger and tie her hands behind her back!

16916[/snapback]

She is correct, the procedure is called dilation and extraction by doctors and always has been. Opponents of the procedure christened it "partial birth abortion" to more effectively rally the "Lambs of God" crowd. Renaming something using a jucier title is not exactly a brand spanking new political ploy. By the same token, pointing out the your opponents have done exactly that is also nothing new.

I remember being in court once on a pretty big case (plaintiff was a quad) where we argued over whether or not a booklet handed out in a seminar was a "course notebook" or an "instruction manual". The book itself was titled, in bold letters right on the cover, "Highway Design Course Notebook" but had no blank pages for notes. After careful study and consulting a dictionary, the Judge ruled that it had been misnamed by its authors and was henceforth officially an "instruction manual".

Words color perception and perception matters, especially in political struggles. She isn't crazy for fighting against the rechristening of the procedure and its opponents are smart for having done so.

She is correct, the procedure is called dilation and extraction by doctors and always has been.  Opponents of the procedure christened it "partial birth abortion" to more effectively rally the "Lambs of God" crowd.  Renaming something using a jucier title is not exactly a brand spanking new political ploy.  By the same token, pointing out the your opponents have done exactly that is also nothing new.

I remember being in court once on a pretty big case (plaintiff was a quad) where we argued over whether or not a booklet handed out in a seminar was a "course notebook" or an "instruction manual".  The book itself was titled, in bold letters right on the cover, "Highway Design Course Notebook" but had no blank pages for notes.  After careful study and consulting a dictionary, the Judge ruled that it had been misnamed by its authors and was henceforth officially an "instruction manual". 

Words color perception and perception matters, especially in political struggles.  She isn't crazy for fighting against the rechristening of the procedure and its opponents are smart for having done so.

17017[/snapback]

Her crusade to "take back the name" reminds me of an old (bad) song. Sing it with me will you? And a one and a two and a three.........

She ran calling Wiiiiiiilllllllldddddd Fire.....She ran calling Willllllllldddddd Fire. She ran calliiiiiiiing Wiiiiii-iiiii-iiiii-iiilllllddddd Fire.

Translation: The horse is long gone from the barn when it comes to that particular vernacular.

BTW, I think the description of the procedure is what bothers people the most. I think the name partial birth abortion describes that procedure in a non-technical way. It is also true that non-controversial medical procedures and items have technical names and non-technical names. You know, like knee surgery, headaches, sore throat, chest pain, bypass, and funny bone. It shouldn't be surprising that this does.

I have a question, Mick. Does calling someone a "Lamb of God" lessen their right to an opinion or does it merely mock them in an needless way?

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

16916[/snapback]

She is a loudmouth ignorant from the WAY left; just ignore her. I do. :P

And what happens if you have a child who isn't quite wired right and starts stealing, fighting and generally getting in massive amount of trouble especially in their teen years.  That child would not have a quality of life in reform school and/or jail.  I know let's have a "full born after birth abortion".  The medical term would be "Teenus eliminatous". 

You know as a parent we have to take our child as they are.

17015[/snapback]

:P @ "Teenus eliminatous" Considering in about 10 years, I'm going to have 2 teenage daughters on my hands, this could be very useful.

I remember being in court once on a pretty big case (plaintiff was a quad) where we argued over whether or not a booklet handed out in a seminar was a "course notebook" or an "instruction manual".  The book itself was titled, in bold letters right on the cover, "Highway Design Course Notebook" but had no blank pages for notes.  After careful study and consulting a dictionary, the Judge ruled that it had been misnamed by its authors and was henceforth officially an "instruction manual". 

17017[/snapback]

ahh yes...Tort Reform! That is for another thread. :P