ESPN: Crennell will be Browns HC

It will hurt.  Crennel maybe not so much (although Belichick never had as dominating a defense with Saban as his DC), but Weis for sure.

223503[/snapback]

I agree that Weis is more important than Crennel, but I'm still not convinced it's going to do any serious damage. The Patriots are successful because the players play smart and stick to the plan, not because of any gadgetry employed by the coordinators.

I agree that Weis is more important than Crennel, but I'm still not convinced it's going to do any serious damage. The Patriots are successful because the players play smart and stick to the plan, not because of any gadgetry employed by the coordinators.

It's not gadgetry per se, it's their ability to call plays, make in-game adjustments, and devise gameplans that get the most out of their players. The players playing smart and sticking to the plan is a necessary but lesser part of the whole thing.

It's not gadgetry per se, it's their ability to call plays, make in-game adjustments, and devise gameplans that get the most out of their players.  The players playing smart and sticking to the plan is a necessary but lesser part of the whole thing.

223520[/snapback]

I disagree, but we won't know until we know.