Caption the photo(s)

Just Jack

tempCM6_4756--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

"Listen to me Schwartzie: don't react to play action. The Patriots love to run play-action passes, and make a lot of big plays off of it. They will pull a guard to really sell the run and force linebackers to come up to the line of scrimmage. It is very important that the defensive line stops the run well enough that the rest of the defense isn't flying up to stop the run and can instead do their jobs in coverage.

Secondly, don't be afraid of their backs and receivers. Ridley, Vereen, Amendola, LaFell, Edelman, Wright and Gronkowski. Those are the Patriots' seven main skill players. Do any of those players scare you? Gronk, yes. Vereen, perhaps. But nobody else. This is not your Randy Moss, 50-points-per-game scoring Patriots offense. The playmakers are not there on their side of the field. We need to be aggressive and not worry about getting beat deep, because these guys aren't going to do it to you. Kansas City blew out the Patriots, and a lot of the game they only played one man off the line. They weren't afraid of getting beat deep, and we shouldn't be, either.

Third key to victory: work the matchups. I have no doubt that the Patriots will try to get Gronkowski and Vereen matched up against our linebackers in the passing game. There will be lots of motion and shifts to help Brady identify the coverage and get matchup advantages for their players. By using 12 personnel - one back, two tight ends, two receivers - the Pats can come out in a run formation or an empty backfield. It is imperative that the Bills are prepared for this. I expect the Patriots will attempt to get Spikes in man coverage against Vereen because it's a huge advantage for them, and is something we need to try and avoid."

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack