Remember this Guy? Coaches deserve some blame for Spiller usage

JuanGuzman

Anyone Remember this guy, Spiller Vintage Year 2012-13:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QpLIDa2FdTA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edit: I can’t figure out to embed the video cause I’m a moron. But here is the youtube link: https://www.youtube....h?v=QpLIDa2FdTA

The biggest differencet I noticed between 2012 and 2014 is the offensive sets/formations. In 2012 the Bills ran a lot of single back sets, with Spiller set deep in the backfield. Basically the philosophy was spread them out and let Spiller gash. This took advantage of Spiller’s strengths, acceleration and the ability to make people miss in space. You also see a lot of screens played called.

Fast forward to 2014, and the offensive ground game look like a clogged toilet. You see a lot of power sets run to the weak side of the field, with a lead block back. This hasn’t hurt Fred Jackson who runs with excellent body lean and excels at getting those “Tough Yards”

But CJ Spiller the play calling is a disastrous use of skill sets. Look Spiller has faults, number one I think is his is below average vision, number 2 as an RB and two he is never going to move the pile. He needs an offense designed to avoid the pile, put him in “one on one” situations and let him make the guy in front miss.

*I am posting this as a new topic in the hopes the Nathaniel Hackett cruises this forum under the pseudonym “Can’t_Hackett”*

Edited by JuanGuzman

Ya know what I noticed. In a 3+ minite video it was only like 12 plays and slo mo replays of the same plays. Essentially it is the best 12 plays of Spillers career.

Ya know what else I noticed? He's not even close to as fast as he used to be which is probably why he sicks even more now.