As much as I hate the patriots...

I thought it was a class act that Kraft donated 25k towards the children's hospital and that the patriots cheerleaders honored Devon Stills daughter. Amid all the craziness going on in the NFL I thought this was a great story.

http://abc7news.com/sports/patriots-cheerleaders-honor-devon-stills-daughter-by-wearing-bengals-jersey/338581/

With the PR hammering the NFL has been getting this sort of thing was easy to see coming. (In fact, my uncle called it a couple of weeks ago.) Lots of feel good stories are being pushed due to the domestic violence issues and their subsequent mishandling prominently displayed in the media. It isn't a coincidence.

Edited by BarleyNY

With math like that, I can see why you're still poor - its a donation of 0.001% - only barely significant but hey every dollar counts right?

Busted. Someone forgot to change the equation into a percentage. Nice catch.

Obviously any donation to any legitimate cause is great, no matter how big or how small. But how this guy has to do it with the "hey look at what I'm doing" attitude and the NFL / NBC totally eating it up when it was such a small donation relative to what he could have given is infuriating to me. If he really wanted to make an impact, he would have thrown a cool million or $100k at it. But to throw $25k and get such national attention is not impressive in my mind. And yes, I know that he does make other donations to other charities. However, the guy is still a DB.

Ralph is donating hundreds of millions of dollars to Detroit and Buffalo. Has anyone seen this mentioned anywhere nationally? I sure as heck have not. Maybe they'll give him the respect he deserves this Sunday during the telecast, but I'm guessing they don't even mention it.

Edited by Mark80