RV Lot Questions for 10/19

True2Bills

A few friends and I are considering driving out from Syracuse on the 18th with our camper for the Vikings game on the 19th. I have never brought my camper before, and only seen the lot from the other parking areas. I was hoping I could get some advice from you guys. I have a 34' travel trailer, so it is a little long with the truck, and we are not planning to bring another car.

- Is there a limit on length?

- When should I plan to come in on Saturday to assure I get a spot?

- Do you pay when you get there like the other lots, or do you pay in advance?

- Can I unhook from the camper to come and go with the truck on Saturday?

- I have seen people with there generators before, assume this is still ok?

- Any important things an amateur in the RV lot should know?

I am sure I will have some other questions, just hoping I can find one of the professionals out there to help me out. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

A few friends and I are considering driving out from Syracuse on the 18th with our camper for the Vikings game on the 19th. I have never brought my camper before, and only seen the lot from the other parking areas. I was hoping I could get some advice from you guys. I have a 34' travel trailer, so it is a little long with the truck, and we are not planning to bring another car.

- Is there a limit on length?

- When should I plan to come in on Saturday to assure I get a spot?

- Do you pay when you get there like the other lots, or do you pay in advance?

- Can I unhook from the camper to come and go with the truck on Saturday?

- I have seen people with there generators before, assume this is still ok?

- Any important things an amateur in the RV lot should know?

I am sure I will have some other questions, just hoping I can find one of the professionals out there to help me out. Thanks in advance!

A few thoughts for ya:

- No limit on length that I know of, a few folks have full on motorcoaches

- Lot opens at 8am. Last year during the Home Opener there was a line of HUNDREDS of RVs there at like 7am, though I think the lot didn't sell out until around noon. A lot of people will road trip from NE for this game (we are, but we're rooting for the good guys)...

- Pay when you get there $50 I believe; curly haired dude that takes the money is cool

- You can uncouple and park your car in the "car lot" (which is right next to the RV lot separated by a metal bumper deal); you won't have to pay to park there Sat, but you will on Sunday and once you move your truck outta the RV lot, you're not getting back in. But if you want to have access to come and go on Sat, that's the way to make it happen...

- Gennys (the power type or the beer type) are fine

- Nope, the RV lot is awesome! Set up camp and take a walk around on Saturday, you'll make a lot of friends! I'll be in Hammers Lot with the VT boys, so be sure to stop over!

I too am looking for a good place to RV from first thing Saturday until Monday AM. Although our group goes to one or two games a year, this is the first that we will be in the new trailer. Whether it's Hammers or the RV Lot, it should be a blast.