Peterson contract

I think Peterson is over rated by many on this board. He's a great athlete, but he gets burned as often as he makes plays. The difference between him and the truly elite like Revis, Talib, and yes, Sherman, is that they do shut down the opposing best receiver. Peterson is just as likely to give up a big play by overreacting to a setup move. Check the stats. He's NOT a shutdown corner. He does make some spectacular plays but good QBs are not afraid to go after him, maybe one of the reasons he sees more passes come his way than the truly elite. The one advantage he offers is his ability in the return game. I'd venture in 3 years, Gilmore will be closer to Revis than Peterson.

Revis is not the same corner anymore man, 3 years ago, sure, but not anymore. Sherman is a zone coverage corner in a great system surrounded by elite talent. Talib is a heavy contact press type corner who is going to be in for a rude awakening (along withe Sherman and company on the Seahawks) with the re-emphasis on calling illegal contact this year. I would take Peterson over all 3 any day of the week right now.

Also, I'm pretty sure that I read on an ESPN ticker (perhaps NFLN) that Peterson was not going to be involved in the kicking game or offense at all this season.

Edited by Mark80