Enough with the OT Chat

Tolstoy

1. Left Tackle - I let Jennings walk, he's above average at best, FREQUENTLY injured and will be expensive to re-sign because he's young and someone will throw him a contract and pray. I target Tra Thomas or Walter Jones. I like Thomas better but the Eagles will be in a better position to re-sign him, the Seahawks are stuck with 3 big name UFAs and they won't be able to keep them all. I'd rather spend more money on a proven guy than overpay Jennings just because we know him. Ryan Diem of the Colts is another guy if they think he can play the left side.

2. Left Guard - There are many guards on the market this year, like other years. I personally like Roberto Garza of Atlanta, nasty type of player that can also play Center. ATL ran a power running system frequently this year so he's up for pounding. There are others though, Rick DeMulling, Marco Rivera, Rich Tylski, Dave Dixon, Joe Andruzzi, and Stephen Neal (an RFA but we'll see what the Pats tender him for a contract - I doubt they go big bucks so he may be available for a mid-rounder in compensation)

3. Tight End - but I want a different type of player than everyone seems to want. I can care less if this TE can catch the ball, we have 2 of those already and that's enough. I want a man-child who can run block all day long. Give me Pete Metzelaars, huge, strong, catch the ball and look for a spot to fall down maybe 2 times a game. My guy...Anthony Becht. There is a reason the Jets can run the ball kids. He gets killed in NY because he isn't Jeremy Shockey. He does exactly what I want my TE to do, beat up on LBs. Alos, because he ISN'T a great receiver he'll be much cheaper than someone like Bubba Franks.

1.LT. I choose this position first because I believe Jennings will be gone. Finding a replacement will not be easy.

2.K. Draft Mike Nugent, he will be worth it. Lindell scares me too much. We need someone like Christie or Norwood again.

3.LG. This is a need area as well. the question is, do we help this area in FA or draft?

4.DL or LB depth. We need a DE to replace Denney, although Ritzmann could be a viable option. Another LB to provide some competition would be helpful, since Crowell, Haggan, & Stamer are very good on ST.