Bills at Bears - 2014 Season Opener

Capt. OTM

Who's going to Chicago for the season opener?

SOLDIER FIELD TOUR

I'm compiling a list of people that you would interested in touring Soldier Field on the Friday before the game. Let me know if you're interested and I will add you to the list and keep you updated.

Edited by Capt. OTM

• 1 month later...

Please add me to the list for the tour -- I've never been to Soldier Field and I'd love to see it. I'm also looking for information on the Pinto Kenny tailgate (assuming he will be there).

I will definitely be in Chicago that weekend, but I don't have game tickets and probably won't go to the game itself unless I find tickets at a reasonable price. Why can't all markets be like Buffalo, where you can get a seat at a football game for less than 150 bucks?

Otherwise, I am planning on watching the game with the Chicago Bills Backers at either Lincoln Station or Delilah's.

Please add me to the list for the tour -- I've never been to Soldier Field and I'd love to see it. I'm also looking for information on the Pinto Kenny tailgate (assuming he will be there).

I will definitely be in Chicago that weekend, but I don't have game tickets and probably won't go to the game itself unless I find tickets at a reasonable price. Why can't all markets be like Buffalo, where you can get a seat at a football game for less than 150 bucks?

Otherwise, I am planning on watching the game with the Chicago Bills Backers at either Lincoln Station or Delilah's.

Same here! Wife and I are flying out to Chicago on Thursday... Hitting up a Cubs/Pirates game Friday, which is convenient bc we are Pirates fans (live in pa)...

Would love tickets to the game, however not going to spend $200 each for nose bleed seats. If we can't get tickets, we will be at one of those two backers bars as well!!

• 1 month later...

i am going to be there and also looking for someone who will be within walking distance tailgating to the stadium. apparently there are tailgating lots where you have to take a BUS to get to the stadium. my sis lives within walking distance to stadium so if there is anyone going to be in those lots by the stadium LMK.

i am going to be there and also looking for someone who will be within walking distance tailgating to the stadium. apparently there are tailgating lots where you have to take a BUS to get to the stadium. my sis lives within walking distance to stadium so if there is anyone going to be in those lots by the stadium LMK.

Welcome to the "New NFL." We just went to the Field Museum on Labor Day... Parked @ Solider Field in the underground garage. WTF! What kind of stadium has underground parking garages? LoL... It wouldbe garage to see somebody set-up a tailgate in the garage... ;-)

Anyway... The Stadium is in "The Museum Campus." I wonder if they let you set up a "picnic" on the grass anywhere. You know, "picnics" are different than "tailgates." ??

NFL is going to hell in a handbasket... Chicago's set up is impressive, just not to its hoi polloi roots.

Bring mucho dinero... Gonna need it!

I used to have a Buddy (God rest his soul) that would go to the Bears games with his fellow Masons... Most of the time he couldn't get a ticket... Sold out anyway, so he would organize the tailgate... Set-up, watch the game on the tube in the parking lot while watching the stuff... Get things set-up for the guys before the end of the game... Etc... etc...

Not no more...

Here is the info I've been able to gather on festivities -- actual Chicagoland residents can correct me if I'm wrong:

Saturday night ---

Bills party at Lincoln Station, 2432 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL 60614

7pm-10pm. $30 all you can eat, looks incredible. RSVP strongly encouraged via Chicago Bills Backers by sending the names of you and your other party members to billsbackersofchicago AT gmail dot com.

There is also Bills-related drinking on Saturday night at the other Backers bar, Delilah's, conveniently located up the street from Lincoln Station. They are hosting a "Bills Backers Talkin Proud" party. Festivities begin at 6pm -- free wings and Genesee from 6pm-8pm.

Sunday morning ---

Red Pinto tailgate at a private lot south Soldier Field -- 31st St and Moe Drive, wedged between the train tracks and Lake Shore Drive. Lot opens early, don't forget the game itself is at 12pm Central for those traveling from the east!

Sunday gametime ---

For those without tickets to the game -- Bills fans will be gathering at Lincoln Station and Delilah's (2771 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago IL 60614). Recommend early arrival if you prefer to take your Bills games sitting down.

Sources:

http://www.bills4lif..._chicago_bears_

https://www.facebook...ackersOfChicago

https://www.facebook...backersdelilahs

Edited by Bard454