Wanna see what the NFL wants to host a Super Bowl?

that is interesting. But not paying local income taxes, etc. does not equate to a loss of revenue. If the people are not paying the taxes, it's the same as if they are not there. There will be an obvious economic boost to small business owners of restaurants, bars, taxis, etc. with the influx of people. And then, the more money these people make, the more they pay in corporate income tax. So more money is being made by the presence of the NFL, just not as much.

I agree with you, my use of the phrase "loss of revenue" was probably not the right choice of words. However, if local communities are trying to "sell" the public that they'll make money on these tourist events through supplemental tax revenue, those models are now out the window if the NFL is demanding they will be exempt from those taxes.

I agree with you, my use of the phrase "loss of revenue" was probably not the right choice of words. However, if local communities are trying to "sell" the public that they'll make money on these tourist events through supplemental tax revenue, those models are now out the window if the NFL is demanding they will be exempt from those taxes.

Lots of people not associated with the nfl bring in HUGE dollars still.

At least give Green Bay the option. They don't exercise it, then it goes to the runner-up, and so on.

I would imagine Green Bay would do whatever it took to host the Super Bowl, even contracting out for independent taxi companies to come to the city.

And pay for them to ship people back and forth to Milwaukee for events, or hotel rooms?

Rotate the NFL, all the stadiums. Or, do something so there are more in the pool.

Select 16 cities for review. Then narrow it to ten. All NFL cities are eligible, allowing 31 location options; also, allow outside cities. Shreveport, LA. Bismark, ND. Any city in the country can submit an application to be considered to ten. I would imagine some locations in the NFL may not want to be considered. I am pretty sure Ralph would not have been willing, nor would a few other owners.

Every NFL stadium should be used fo the process.