Anyone see the Steelers boards today?

zow2

Nothing better than watching people "suffer" through a 15-1 season.  Very smart calling for the head of a coach who managed to get a team QB'd by a rookie to the AFC Championship game.  It's apparently hard to face the fact that the better teams won yesterday.  Home field advantage only means so much.

Guess every team has their version of the retard rodeo.

216611[/snapback]

Well Darin, home field means alot to most teams; except not the Steelers. I don't understand how their fans can get all pumped up knowing their recent history with playoff games at home.

But conversly, he had a couple of really good reads as well. The fourth and 5 TD pass was pretty damn good. Like you said...when the game slows down for him, he's going to be better. Probably much better.

Man, if only we started JP earlier...

217513[/snapback]

LOL, oh come on!

Ben was the exception this year. I don't get how you people forget history so quickly.

Look at how Vick, Culpepper, McNabb, etc, etc, etc, all played during their rookie years! Not very well and they couldn't lead their teams to the playoffs.

Ben is a freak who is only going to get better.

It's prob going to take JP 3 years to understand NFL offenses IF he's fortunate to learn only one system during that time. We all know that doesn't happen anymore in the new NFL.

Well Darin, home field means alot to most teams; except not the Steelers.  I don't understand how their fans can get all pumped up knowing their recent history with playoff games at home.

217526[/snapback]

Home field has become less important in the Conference championship games as the years have gone on. Witness:

Home teams are only 16-12 (.571) since 1990. The last home sweep was in 1996. The home teams are a mere 6-8 since. It helps alot to be the better team. NE was that, proven by the division they played in.

Well Darin, home field means alot to most teams; except not the Steelers.  I don't understand how their fans can get all pumped up knowing their recent history with playoff games at home.

217526[/snapback]

The smugness has been slapped off of the Steeler fans......the last thing they want now is a comparison to Schottenheimer's Browns, but that's what they have earned, and then some.