No excuse for not securing Buffalo ownership

jahbonas

My opinion is that anyone drawing conclusions based on what's being said publicly is getting ahead of themselves...this thing hasn't begun to play out.

Not drawing a conclusion, commenting on what we know as of this point. No different than debating who the Bills will pick at 9. Speculating on partial information is, 50% of what this board is about. Again, I said "my fear" based on what we know.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Bon Jovi / Toronto group's interest was so widely reported that most of the folks on the board were aware of it, here is the cbssports, nfl.com and buffalo rumblings links to their reports on it. You should check out Buffalo Rumblings if you haven't before, a good site with tons of Bills info. http://www.cbssports...y-buffalo-bills ; http://www.nfl.com/n...g-buffalo-bills; http://www.buffaloru...-mark-poloncarz . I NEVER said that their were no local buyers interested, I said, "NONE have stepped forward". If you have links contradicting that statement, please post. I made it clear in all my posts that regarding the sale as "my fear"; I wasn't stating anything other than that based on the information that is in public domain. There are tons of hurdles for ANY buyer, including those from Toronto or LA. I also never said the Toronto group was the ONLY group interested, I said they were the ONLY group who has stated their interest. I heard last night, that Trump might have officially thrown his hat into the ring since that post. I haven't confirmed that.

Trump, Galisano, Kelly. These groups would be in the process of buying the team if it was staying. As a matter of fact, they would have been in discussions for a few years now I am sure. People tend to forget, if the team was staying, a buyer would have been in place prior to Mr. Wilson's passing. That isn't the case here. And if you think I'm talking out my ass, let me fill you all in on something, I brought a 2.4 billion dollar waste to energy facility to WNY, with 8k, yes, 8k in jobs on the line that would have quelled the wind turbines on lake Ontario talk immediately, as a wind farm in ND was involved. I brought 85% money to the table from Dubai, I brought 15% from the NYS Pension Funds as the local skin in the game. If you believe for one second these politicians or local business leaders are involved to this point, your mistaken. So far, it's all out of state parties to be sure.

Not drawing a conclusion, commenting on what we know as of this point. No different than debating who the Bills will pick at 9. Speculating on partial information is, 50% of what this board is about. Again, I said "my fear" based on what we know.

My comment was not intended to be pointed in nature; just a general sentiment

Edited by thebandit27

As a counterpoint, NYS chipped in a cool $10M to turn one of my former client's projects into a full-scale treatment facility.

It all depends upon the case, the timing, and the parties.

Yes, this is very true. But look at the timing of the iron clad lease. Your looking at an area inbetween major political events combined with a state and local coffer scenario that is less than idealistic. And that isn't going to change for the forseeable future in my most humble opinion. Oh, and my opinion, comes upon 25 years of watching what is happening both locally and nationally on an economic scale. Not to say I am the end all be all of informative points of view, but a very realistic one.

Trump, Galisano, Kelly. These groups would be in the process of buying the team if it was staying. As a matter of fact, they would have been in discussions for a few years now I am sure. People tend to forget, if the team was staying, a buyer would have been in place prior to Mr. Wilson's passing. That isn't the case here. And if you think I'm talking out my ass, let me fill you all in on something, I brought a 2.4 billion dollar waste to energy facility to WNY, with 8k, yes, 8k in jobs on the line that would have quelled the wind turbines on lake Ontario talk immediately, as a wind farm in ND was involved. I brought 85% money to the table from Dubai, I brought 15% from the NYS Pension Funds as the local skin in the game. If you believe for one second these politicians or local business leaders are involved to this point, your mistaken. So far, it's all out of state parties to be sure.

You're taking about a wholly different scenario...public funding to bring a utility to the area versus policy funding to keep an existing business here.

And since you (apparently) have no involvement in this particular business, I'm not sure how you can so assuredly say that (a) there's no agreement with a group in place, and (b) it can only be outside parties involved.

You are again failing to tie any facts to your argument.

As a counterpoint, NYS chipped in a cool $10M to turn one of my former client's projects into a full-scale treatment facility.

It all depends upon the case, the timing, and the parties.

Could have some great parties with $10m, too.

GO BILLS!!!

You're taking about a wholly different scenario...public funding to bring a utility to the area versus policy funding to keep an existing business here.

And since you (apparently) have no involvement in this particular business, I'm not sure how you can so assuredly say that (a) there's no agreement with a group in place, and (b) it can only be outside parties involved.

You are again failing to tie any facts to your argument.

True, it's all speculative based, but in my case, it's hard facts from dealing with bringing anything of significants to this area that I deal from. That being the case, I can rest easy saying what I say based upon experience in dealing with some of the entities that are sure to be involved in the process.

True, it's all speculative based, but in my case, it's hard facts from dealing with bringing anything of significants to this area that I deal from. That being the case, I can rest easy saying what I say based upon experience in dealing with some of the entities that are sure to be involved in the process.

Hey if the crux of your statement is that the NYS govt is a pain in the rear, then yeah--my decade of dealing with municipal construction contracts agrees with that experience whole-heatedly.

I'm simply saying that the state may have a bit more interest in keeping their only football team than in any of the business endeavors that you or I bring to the table.

Could have some great parties with $10m, too.

GO BILLS!!!

Back in my day, the party depended on the case, which cost about $10

Hey if the crux of your statement is that the NYS govt is a pain in the rear, then yeah--my decade of dealing with municipal construction contracts agrees with that experience whole-heatedly.

I'm simply saying that the state may have a bit more interest in keeping their only football team than in any of the business endeavors that you or I bring to the table.

Back in my day, the party depended on the case, which cost about $10

LOL! OV splits was always economical, too.

GO BILLS!!!