Anyone subscribe to ESPN Insider?

Tolstoy

Kiper has come out with his assessment of each team's needs for the draft.  I can't read it since I don't have ESPN Insider.  Can one of you help me (us) out?

215007[/snapback]

He says we could use a guard, and a tackle if Jennings leaves. He also indicated an upgrade at TE and Defensive End might be a good idea. No analysis...CD

Kiper has come out with his assessment of each team's needs for the draft.  I can't read it since I don't have ESPN Insider.  Can one of you help me (us) out?

He says we could use a guard, and a tackle if Jennings leaves.  He also indicated an upgrade at TE and Defensive End might be a good idea.  No analysis...CD

WoW! I hope TD subscribes! :rolleyes:

He says we could use a guard, and a tackle if Jennings leaves.  He also indicated an upgrade at TE and Defensive End might be a good idea.  No analysis...CD

215012[/snapback]

I still think that our defensive ends are gonna be fine. They are all still fairly young and Kelsay was starting to come on more toward the end of the year. Denney played decent and Schobel is fine as well. We need to draft oline first and foremost.

I still think that our defensive ends are gonna be fine.  They are all still fairly young and Kelsay was starting to come on more toward the end of the year.  Denney played decent and Schobel is fine as well.  We need to draft oline first and foremost.

215209[/snapback]

The major issue at DE is not simply the lack of an outstanding pass rusher, but simply one of numbers. The NFL as a whole is moving toward a rotation method which allows fresh boduies in at the DL positions. The figuring is that even if you have a great player if he has to cut his effort down to 2/3 of what he can do because he is pacing himself to last the whole game or he is exhausted by several straight rushes, you are better off with a player logging time who may only be 75% as good as the orginal athlete but can let it all go on a particular play.

The amazing thing about the Bills DL is that we went with just 3 DEs all year. There should be at least 4 just to provide normalcy and be prepared for injury, but Kelsay. Schobel and Denney did it all on a D which racked up some nice stats.

I think the Bills have an essential need for a fourth DE and preferably one with some good pass rushing skills or rep. Rather than the draft, I think an FA who could play the role that Jim Jeffcoat played for the Bills when he was here would be great.

I'm glad that folks have been rehashing the Denney situation as it has giveme a god excuse/reason to focus upon this. After thinking it through I find myself a bit more impressed with Denney and I recognize biw tge sugnificant contribution he made to this team.

I doubt he will ever be the pass rusher we want and need, but having a guy who can back up both RDE and LDE is a real value for this fellow who is not a master at any one DE shill, but it a jack of all skils who helps this D hum.