FA: Jon Beason

Haven't seen anything posted on him yet. He has just turned 29 and will be a free agent. He has had a bad injury history and isn't fully the same player he used to be so he shouldn't to expensive to sign. I think if we could get him on like a 3yr $15-20mil contract he could be a good help to the linebackers. I like Worilds also but he is a 3-4 outside linebacker and probably won't fit our scheme. What do you all think about Beason

Beason = Beast-on...Dude played fenominally well for the G-Men coming off an injury. Joined the team and instantly brcame a leader on D. Plays aggressive and passionately. Vocal leader on the field and just the type of guy you want in the middle of a 4-3 scheme...all IMHO, of course. A 3 year deal and a mid round pick to be his understudy/back-up is a good move.

GMen do not part with him....he's been very open about the fact that he wants to stay. there.

According to Tom Coughlin, Beason "deserves" to test the FA market. I haven't seen anything about him wanting to stay there...though I haven't really looked, either.

According to Tom Coughlin, Beason "deserves" to test the FA market. I haven't seen anything about him wanting to stay there...though I haven't really looked, either.

OK, so I looked...seems to be mutual interest, but no action yet. Maybe the G-Men let the market set the price and match it an he stays, unless someone overvalues him and pays up...Starting to scratch him off the list, anyway.