Bill's historical question

Toledo Bill

Using the honor system (just going by memory)... who can name the offensive linemen (including the tight end) the year OJ rushed for 2000 yards?

Just trying to post something thought provocative and different.

213676[/snapback]

As close as I can come is the name of the unit as a whole "The Electric company"

Was Seymore (sic) the tight end at the time?

As close as I can come is the name of the unit as a whole "The Electric company"

Was Seymore (sic) the tight end at the time?

213678[/snapback]

I believe Seymour was the tight end. The gurds should be easy, the center and tackles are a little bit harder

Center:  Mike Montler

Guards:  Reggie McKenzie and Joe DeLamielleure (HOF!)

Tackles:  Dave Foley and Paul Seymour

. . . although I know Seymour started as a tight end and later moved inside.

213680[/snapback]

Who was the other tackle when Seymour was tight end?

Who was the other tackle when Seymour was tight end?

213687[/snapback]

This is killing me. I know I know this but I'm blanking.

The receivers were JD "Crackback" Hill and Bob Chandler, and the fullback was Jim Braxton, right?

Center:  Mike Montler

Guards:  Reggie McKenzie and Joe DeLamielleure (HOF!)

Tackles:  Dave Foley and Paul Seymour

. . . although I know Seymour started as a tight end and later moved inside.

213680[/snapback]

Close ... Seymour was the TE and Donnie Green was the other Tackle

This is killing me.  I know I know this but I'm blanking.

The receivers were JD "Crackback" Hill and Bob Chandler, and the fullback was Jim Braxton, right?

213688[/snapback]

I believe those were the receivers. Bob Chandler was sure fun to watch. I have always forgotten Dave Foley and known the other tackle. But now... I can't remember it either.

I feel much better now. Donnie Green... he was a big boy. Sure didn't take you guys long. Thanks.

213699[/snapback]

One other FYI ... Bruce Jarvis was the starting Center until he got injured ... Montler then took over.

One other FYI ... Bruce Jarvis was the starting Center until he got injured ... Montler then took over.

213704[/snapback]

If I remember correctly, Jarvis wasn't too bad, either.

Thanks... I had more fun with this than another "Bledsoe sucks" thread...

I believe Paul Seymor was a tackle for the Steelers, and was converted into a TE after coming to Bills in trade.

213709[/snapback]

Seymour was a Bills first-round pick from Michigan the same year they took Joe D in the first round from Michigan State. As I recall he was supposed to be a tackle but the Bills moved him to TE because they had the need for blocking and they weren't planning to throw much anyway.

Does anyone else remember his older brother Jim? Played WR for Notre Dame in the Terry Hanratty years (speaking of ex-Steelers) and later for the Rams. Big college rep but never did much as a pro.

Seymour was a Bills first-round pick from Michigan the same year they took Joe D in the first round from Michigan State.  As I recall he was supposed to be a tackle but the Bills moved him to TE because they had the need for blocking and they weren't planning to throw much anyway.

213716[/snapback]

They did move him to TE because of his blocking ability, and he remained there because they later found out that TE Ruben Gant could not block.