2014 Bills Dead Cap Money

AtlBills

No chance (IMO) they cut Jerry Hughes, but he could become a valuable piece at the 2014 NFL trade deadline, if he produces through the first 5-6 weeks...and especially if a contender loses a pass-rusher to injury.

The other side of it is, they could re-sign Hughes to take over full-time at DE for Mario...in a scenario where they trade him. (or cut him...but again, no chance of that happening. IMO)

Restructuring (ie not a pay cut) is to the players advantage. Mario won't, and because we don't need space now but might later, shouldn't be offered to push his hits back

I suspect next year Whaley and Co will give some attention to his contract .

Another reason to dial in Hughes now.

Not younger direct replacement per se , but certainly a guy who Can rush the passer and hold his own against the run. Smart kid too. But he played behind some good mentors with the Colts eh ?

The Bills will need to be looking at next seasons banking overdraft potential , and get some deals done proactive like.

sounds like a bit shy of 20 mill, with Kevin "where am I " Kolbs release helping matters.

that was mean. But i have some more .

Whats up with Carrington and what day does this need to be done by ? March 11th is it for contracts ?

He becomes an unrestricted free agent March 11, so that's the deadline if they want to lock him up before he hits the open market.

Shoot and darnit Flap. What should we Bills do with him ?

I thought he was an up and comer who could move around , create mismatches for Pettine.

Damn that Parker

Shoot and darnit Flap. What should we Bills do with him ?

I thought he was an up and comer who could move around , create mismatches for Pettine.

Damn that Parker

Not really sure what they should do with him. I dont know what Schwartz is planning on doing with the D. I'll have to listen to his interview from earlier to see if he drops any hints.

They need some D line depth, but I wouldn't break the bank for Carrington. Different skill sets, but I think extending Branch probably signals they're willing to let Carrington walk.

Not really sure what they should do with him. I dont know what Schwartz is planning on doing with the D. I'll have to listen to his interview from earlier to see if he drops any hints.

They need some D line depth, but I wouldn't break the bank for Carrington. Different skill sets, but I think extending Branch probably signals they're willing to let Carrington walk.

I thought that Branch offered a a slightly different skill set and Carrington would be an asset.

Money might be the issue . But i think Branch and Carrington would make some mighty fine depth/ rotation .

I dont know what to expect from Shwaatz either. maybe thats a good thing !

The Bills are in good financial shape compared to most teams. Carrington, Leonhard, Moats, Legursky, Pears, Kolb and Brooks are leading candidates, IMO, to leave the team. There may be more. Attrition of 10-15 percent is normal. Resigning Byrd is first order of business. They will have cash to play with to bring in a few free agents.