EJ Manuel on Sports Science, not bad at all

I didn't know that Dilfer was a quarterback guru but in another thread I posted that if I was an NFL QB I'd spend my offseasons with quarterback gurus like Tom House, David Cutcliffe, George Whitfield, Terry Shea, Chris Weinke, etc.

I'd study with all of these guys and try to improve my craft.

I mentioned Tim Tebow and his reputation as a hard and dedicated worker and said that he should be doing this sort of thing if he wants to get back into the NFL.

If the reports of him trying to fix his mechanics are true, I can't see why any team needing a QB wouldn't bring him in for a workout.

Even jamarcus Russell got a workout.

The question will be, can he accept a pure backup role. No punt protecter, no wildcat, just backup qb that understands what that means and all that comes with it (ie be quiet, work, and be ready to return to the bench when the starter is healthy). There are plenty of teams running read option packages that you wouldn't have to totally flip things upside down for him, simply change the playcalling within existing schemes.

George WInfield is a good guy from my limited interactions with him, he usually takes his clients to a bar across the street from my buddies house and we get tipped off by the bartenders.

Very cool!

So you live in the San Diego area?

Even jamarcus Russell got a workout.

The question will be, can he accept a pure backup role. No punt protecter, no wildcat, just backup qb that understands what that means and all that comes with it (ie be quiet, work, and be ready to return to the bench when the starter is healthy). There are plenty of teams running read option packages that you wouldn't have to totally flip things upside down for him, simply change the playcalling within existing schemes.

Agreed.

Also though it's not entirely his fault, he would still create a media distraction for his team because of his celebrity. He would have to be committed to keeping a low profile and it would help if he joined a stable organization which would be able to deal with the slight disruption his presence could cause.

Dude has all the tools so what is it ? Is he just not use to the speed of the game yet ?

Does he not have the time he needs to be that guy ? I hope he comes around but i still hope we draft another QB if a really good one falls to us B/C a security blanket never hurts !!