(LAMP)DSL & Cavalier Telephone Service Info

The Poojer

ok i have cavalier phone service here in richmond( i love it) i am trying to get dsl, but they tell me that i can't go through them because verizon owns the lines and verizon can monopolize them so as not to make the dsl service available to me. anyone know if this is really the case, as i called verizon and they made it seem as though that wasn't the case at all. anyone know the validity of this and how i can circumvent this? cavalier has a great offer for phone and dsl and i want to take advantage. thanks in advance.

ok i have cavalier phone service here in richmond( i love it) i am trying to get dsl, but they tell me that i can't go through them because verizon owns the lines and verizon can monopolize them so as not to make the dsl service available to me.  anyone know if this is really the case, as i called verizon and they made it seem as though that wasn't the case at all.  anyone know the validity of this and how i can circumvent this?  cavalier has a great offer for phone and dsl and i want to take advantage.  thanks in advance.

210515[/snapback]

I know BellSouth wil offer DSL even if you don't subscribe to their phone service. It is much more expensive, $65 range, but if it is available in your area you should be able to order directly from Verizon. Did you ask Verizon if that was possible?

Pooj- I have phone and DSL with Verizon. The package includes all local and unlimited long distance with all the bells and whistles, ie. voice mail, call waiting +++. Having family in New York and Washington State, this package has been very cost effective and the DSL service, including customer service has been very good....Customer service has been almost as good as DTV, which I think is saying something.

I'm at work and can't remember what I pay a month for the whole package (phone/DSL).

Pooj,

PM me some contact info. I know the CEO of Cavalier phone and will get to the bottom of this and have them contact you or tell you who to call. And this interests me as I will be moving within a few months and will be disconnecting my cable broadband and going to satellite and DSL.

Tony

check your pm

Pooj,

PM me some contact info. I know the CEO of Cavalier phone and will get to the bottom of this and have them contact you or tell you who to call. And this interests me as I will be moving within a few months and will be disconnecting my cable broadband and going to satellite and DSL.

Tony

210798[/snapback]