2013 is becoming 2010 v2.0

BillsVet

Only 3 years ago the Bills began a significant rebuild with a new GM, HC, new defense and a strange refusal to bring in a new QB. The low point was Chan Gailey admitting after another defeat in Minnesota that he'd learned something about his team. Chan never admitted what it was, but probably meant that he knew his team would roll over when things got difficult.

Flash forward to 2013 and we're in a similar scenario. Sure, there's a rookie QB who's been injured, but the play Buffalo has received all along there hasn't been good enough and no one's sure if Manuel is the guy. The play-calling is unimaginative, they lose close games, and it appears the team can't remain motivated when they fall behind.

This is becoming year 0 of the rebuild, not year 1. Hopefully Buffalo doesn't follow the course Nix/Gailey did a mere 3 seasons ago.

Only 3 years ago the Bills began a significant rebuild with a new GM, HC, new defense and a strange refusal to bring in a new QB. The low point was Chan Gailey admitting after another defeat in Minnesota that he'd learned something about his team. Chan never admitted what it was, but probably meant that he knew his team would roll over when things got difficult.

Flash forward to 2013 and we're in a similar scenario. Sure, there's a rookie QB who's been injured, but the play Buffalo has received all along there hasn't been good enough and no one's sure if Manuel is the guy. The play-calling is unimaginative, they lose close games, and it appears the team can't remain motivated when they fall behind.

This is becoming year 0 of the rebuild, not year 1. Hopefully Buffalo doesn't follow the course Nix/Gailey did a mere 3 seasons ago.

There are some similarities in terms of the O line and QB's. Both regimes not really recognizing inferior talent on the roster and making changes in the off/ pre-season.

Not to mention that Nathaniel is in way over his head as both OC & QB coach. This is as bad as Gailey in being both HC & OC as both men think they have elite QB's behind center in their play calling.

If i'm Russ Brandon I have to start thinking of replacing Marrone & Hackett with Mike Pettine. Then finding an experienced OC who can tutor rookie QB's properly and build a team to support those rookies...rather then make them try carry the team each week. LSU OC Cam Cameron comes to mind.

If i'm Russ Brandon I have to start thinking of replacing Marrone & Hackett with Mike Pettine. Then finding an experienced OC who can tutor rookie QB's properly and build a team to support those rookies...rather then make them try carry the team each week. LSU OC Cam Cameron comes to mind.

Brandon and Whaley aren't replacing Marrone or drafting another QB high anytime soon. The former's legacies are directly tied to the latter and changing things now opens them up to further criticism.

Cameron? Dude was fired from his OC gig in Baltimore, who then went on to win the SB. No thanks.