Proposed Trade - would ya?

JÂy RÛßeÒ

League setting:

I'm currently on a 5 week win streak at 6-3, tied for 2nd (but in 4th & final playoff spot with tiebreaks) 1 game behind leader. Dude who proposed trade is also 6-3 but is 5th and out of playoffs with tiebreaks

Proposal:

He gives up Zac Stacey (Rams RB) and Denarius Moore (Oakland WR) for Jordy Nelson (GB WR)

The rest of my team:

RB: Giovani Bernard, Eddy Lacy, MJD, Le'Veon Bell

WR: Calvin Johnson, TY Hilton, Josh Gordon

My thoughts/considerations:

- Aaron Rodger's injury (4-6 weeks) really puts all GB offensive players into question. Can Seneca Wallace do enough through the air to get pressure off running game?

- I would have to cut somebody. I do have 3 QBs (Russell Wilson, EJ, and Terrelle Pryor) or could easily part with MJD.

- Both of the guys he's offering have been inconsistent this year but decent the last few weeks.

- My team is kicking ass since I got it set up this way - should I really mess with it?

I would probably not make the deal...you are in good shape already, IMO.

Calvin and TY Hilton are a very solid starting receiving corp (especially now that Wayne is out), and I don't know that Zac Stacey is, ultimately, going to be any better an option than any of your other RB's. True, Seneca Wallace might make Jordy Nelson void, but I would wait to see if that happnens, before getting rid of him. I wouldn't be surprised if you have similar options in a few weeks...I am slightly in the same boat, with James Jones. Because of injuries and bye weeks, I have to choose between starting him, or Eddie Royal, who has not practiced in about 3 weeks, though plays on game day..so far.

Just curious, what is the person in your league who has Aaron Rodgers doing for QB now? You might think of trading Pryor to them for a receiver, or RB (I assume, for you, the rb is what you are looking for) if you feel like you need another.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.