NON CONFIDENCE BOOSTER

mart

Thad Lewis awoke this morning to find 4 other Quarterbacks on the roster.I guess 2 TD!s and no picks buys a cup of coffee.

So now we have 5 QB!s on the roster. Manuel, Lewis, Tuel, Dixon and Flynn. I can understand

San Francisco not wanting Kaepernick not looking over his shoulder, so Smith goes to Kansas City and he is the man. Wilson gets the job in Seattle, so likewise bye bye Flynn to Oakland.

So was he the man there? forget it as they send him packing from there.

So now we have 2 rookie QB!s, and 3 retreads who have each been released from multiple

teams.

Would!nt it have been better to get a successful starter from the Canadian Foot ball League who maybe

would like to work with 4 downs instead of 3 and wants the spotlight of the NFL. Or maybe a success

in the Arena League, if that league still exists today.

What do you all think of the crowded QB siuation, and before you answer Manuel, do we really want to spend a few years devoping a QB with no proven veteran or OC to learn from?

Its not that simple...Kolb is on IR, Manuel is hurt, and Dixon is on PS. Thad is already named the starter IF he can play Sunday because he was hurt too. The only reason we signed Flynn was because Thad was hurt last week and they had yet to hear the extent of the injuries and they clearly do not feel (and they are right) that Tuel is ready to start for any length of period for this team right now. The fact he is still on the active roster speaks volumes about how they feel about him as a potential guy, but they also know he isnt ready today.

They have shown confidence in Thad and I expect him to remain here long after most the others are gone. Manuel is the UNQUESTIONED starter at this point (I used capitals to emphasize not yell) once he is ready to return. Will he hold onto the job for a decade is another question that can not possibly be answered this early in his career. But for the near future, he will be given every chance to take full control of this job, even if Thad plays well the rest of the year. Next preseason, if EJ is shaky for the rest of the season once he is back and Thad had played very well for however long he gets to play, then I could see a potential open competition next year, but I highly doubt it comes to that.

Thad impressed me, but so has EJ. I think EJ has the tools to be a good QB in this league and I expect him to continue to improve once he is back. I think Thad appears to be a great backup QB for this offense who has a similar style to EJ so the offense does not have to change much when he comes in.

If Lewis plays great and wins, why is Manuel the UNQESTIONED starter?

Because they are giving him all the money?

Fitz had his contract sent down the road with him, so Manuel would not be the first, nor the last.