Adrian Peterson VS Carolina's Run Defense

Bryce Paup

Are you sure he is even going to play on Sunday? Has he said he was? Not that he shouldn't or anything, but I would have to imagine he is pretty devastated today...I would think Sunday and the Carolina Panthers are one of the furthest things from his mind at the moment.

Edited by Buftex

Turns out he really didn't know the kid much at all. He should go ahead and play.

Where did you hear that? Earlier in the day it was said he was very close to his son. They have pictures of him at training camp even. It's BS for you to have this attitude that he didn't care about his kid. Just a stupid comment to make.

Where did you hear that? Earlier in the day it was said he was very close to his son. They have pictures of him at training camp even. It's BS for you to have this attitude that he didn't care about his kid. Just a stupid comment to make.

Wrong son. He didn't know the kid was his until recently. Check the OTW thread on this.

After reading the other thread maybe I stand semi corrected. AP returned to practice today. He was in SD all week. IMO if he didn't care he wouldn't have been there.

Torrey Smith lost his brother and played, had a career game. Brett Favre lost his Father I believe and had a career game. It's an outlet for these guys. My Grandfather died and I went golfing, does that make me a dick who doesn't care? Everyone has their own way of dealing with pain I guess.

I certainly won't be one to question someone's relationship or emotions of losing a child. It may hurt more if he wasn't close, because of regret. WE will never know.

Very sad story. I just say leave AP alone if he'd like a break for 3 hours on Sunday and wants to play football his call.