Is Brad Smith on IR?

Welcome to the board, or well, sort of...you're kind of new, maybe a little of the shine is gone. Anyway, don't forget to search the forum before posting a topic, even if it is as random as Bradly Smith.

You do bring up a good point most fans do not realize. In almost cases teams only have 2 QB's active on gameday. There are times when teams may carry 3, but it is rare. The rare case is when the starter may have an injury and the backup is starting. Should the situation arise where they feel more comfortable putting in the 3rd QB over the injured 1st they would. Many teams, surprisingly, only carry 2 QB's on the entire roster. Atlanta, for instance, only carries 2 QB's. Several other teams do, also. I looked it up the other day and forgot already.

However, even teams that do carry 3 on the 53 man roster still only active 2, as said above. If the shiz hits the fan each team has a designated 3rd QB, an emergency QB. It was written prior to the wildcat that this player could not play QB if the starter was to return. Or, in other words, you could not put the 3rd QB at QB then return the starter to the field. Now the rule is written that you can put the 3rd QB, which became the wildcat, at QB if the starting QB remains on the field. Remember when the Jets ran it and we have that amazing .gif of Sanchez at WR crapping his pants when Florence flinched?

DCtkC.gif

At least he tried to recover by "blocking" Florence.

Either way, for this reason teams without the wildcat QB often have a reserve emergency QB. In the past we have had players like Fred Jackson, Terence McGee, and even Kent Hull carry this designation. Yep, Kent Hull. Our center. It was at the end of the season and several players were banged up, I think even Jimbo. Levy decided that there were no other players to put at this position worth risking injury that would know the calls better then Hull should the situation come up. So, for at least one game to my memory, Hull was an emergency QB.

TJ Graham

Yes, TJ Graham is our emergency QB, I failed to mention that.