Bills 2013 Official Sentiment Poll -- Coaches / Management

2013 Bill Coaches Sentiment  

31 members have voted

1. 1. My feelings on the new coaches and management...

• A refreshing change from Gailey / Nix -- will lead the Bills into postseason glory for years to come.
    • Slightly better -- won't take the Bills deep into the playoffs, though.
    • Let's wait and see -- the HC, OC and GM are too inexperienced for me to have expectations.
    • Worse than the Gailey / Nix regime -- will be replaced after two seasons.
  2. 2. My feelings on Head Coach Doug Marrone...

• He's the real deal -- I'm thrilled to have him leading the Bills and he WILL end The Drought.
    • Somewhat pleased -- at least he's better than Gailey.
    • Undecided -- I haven't seen enough of him yet as he's a rookie NFL HC.
    • Unhappy -- they had far better choices; he's not the guy to bring us into the postseason.
  3. 3. My feelings on OC Hackett (1-3) and DC Pettine (4-6)..

• I love Hackett's energy and uptempo approach -- just what the Bills need.
    • Undecided -- I haven't seen enough of Hackett's schemes to formulate any sentiment.
    • Unhappy -- Hackett does not have enough NFL experience to run this offense.
    • I love Pettine's aggressive, blitzing mindset -- Brady is in trouble.
    • Undecided -- Rex Ryan ran the Jets' D; Pettine hasn't been in charge yet.
    • Unhappy -- Pettine isn't the guy to make this D respectable.

First off, my apologies for not doing this right after the draft like I said I would.

What is an "official sentiment" poll? Many of us kind of agreed that a centralized thread on our feelings on big issues was a good idea.

To recap, I think it will be fun, and informative, to compare reality with our past opinions on just a few threads, as opposed to having to search through a gazillion. We should only have a limited number yearly -- with the same tags (2013 Bills sentiment, 2014 Bills sentiment, etc). That way, they will be easier to find and they will become a better metric for measuring feelings and analyzing fandom.

The first one is on the coaches and management. I'll put up another on our draftees. In the near future, I'll put up another on the overall state of the Bills. Will likely have another set mid-season and at the end then after the draft. That's about five or six per season.

If you think this is lame, no need to participate. I just think it's a cool idea to have a central place to examine these kinds of things.

We will have to close this thread soon, so don't hesitate on voting. On the third question, you should have two answers.

Off we go...

Edited by Just in Atlanta

I also think choices of QB coach (none), OL coaches (downgrade in my opinion) and ST coach (poor choice in my opinion) need to be factored into Marrone's votes.

He could have interviewed current coaches before letting them all go - it implies he had either made up judgement on them too fast or had already picked who he wanted which does not fit with his competition speeches.

I would have worded this different, the whole FO/coach/GM thing needs to have a "let's wait and see how things play out, but I may be optimistic" option, instead of this "Let's wait and see -- the HC, OC and GM are too inexperienced for me to have expectations".

In fact, I don't like any of the options in that question.

KISS and keep your bias or opinions out of poll subjects, JMHO