Draft - First Round Pick

brihs2005

New to posting but have been a fan of your comments for several months on TSW. Happy to be joining fellow Bills fans.

My question involves the draft this year. Given TD's tendency to trade to get a first round pick at some point in the first round, i wonder if there is a way to do it this year, by either a package deal with henry, jonas, etc. What pick would we need to be at to get a top OT, OG or DT (assuming Williams may leave). I am not a draftnik and don't know where the top college prospects fall on the Big Board and if some of the marquee players at those positions may fall to the late 20's for us if we make a trade with Seattle or a team with a pick in that range.

Thanks all, enjoy the games this weekend.

Pat Williams won't be leaving IMO. He is good friends with Sam Admas, and he likes it here.

Jonas is an UFA, so he has no trade value, unless he works out a sign and trade deal. No chance of Jonas signing a deal with the Bills before he judges his value on the open market.

Travis Henry won't be fetching any 1st rd picks. We will get a 2nd rounder for him, or he will remain a Bill IMO.

The odds of the Bills getting a 1st rd pick this year falls in the slim to none category. We used this years 1st rd last year, and bought our QB of the future a red shirt year.

I was thinking along the lines of tagging and trading Jonas, and/or packaging him or henry with a second rounder of this year, next year etc. More curious about what pick we would need to get to in order to get a top player at either of those 3 positions. I have faith that if there is a way to get there TD will figure it out.

I was thinking along the lines of tagging and trading Jonas, and/or packaging him or henry with a second rounder of this year, next year etc.  More curious about what pick we would need to get to in order to get a top player at either of those 3 positions.  I have faith that if there is a way to get there TD will figure it out.

206385[/snapback]

Jonas is most likely merely second tier as afr as a FA, absolutely not in the class of Jones/Pace/Glenn/Tra Thomas.

Don't waste your time. If we have learned anything about TD, it is that you can't predict him. My jaw dropped when he picked up Reed, my jaw dropped again when he picked up McGahee, and my jaw dropped for a third time when he maneuvered to get Losman.

He will for sure have something up his sleeve this year too. I'm just intested to see what he does, and who he gets... both in the draft and on Free Agency. This is when TD shines, and the time that he loves his job the most.

Good luck TD, get working! You have my full support!

My jaw dropped when he picked up Reed

206496[/snapback]

Unfortunately, that's not the only thing that's been dropped since we picked Reed.

My call at the time (anyone that was on the TSW chat can vouch for this) was Toniu Fonoti, LG from Nebraska. In retrospect, we definitely should have gone interior OL: Colorado C/G Andre Gurode and OSU's center LeCharles Bentley were also available at that pick and snapped up soon after, by the Cowboys and Saints respectively. Fonoti has been a road grader for the Chargers and Bentley is approaching Pro Bowl status, and even Gurode would be an upgrade over Smith or Tucker, and maybe Teague too.

Don't waste your time.  If we have learned anything about TD, it is that you can't predict him.  My jaw dropped when he picked up Reed, my jaw dropped again when he picked up McGahee, and my jaw dropped for a third time when he maneuvered to get Losman. 

He will for sure have something up his sleeve this year too.  I'm just intested to see what he does, and who he gets... both in the draft and on Free Agency.  This is when TD shines, and the time that he loves his job the most.

Good luck TD, get working!  You have my full support!

206496[/snapback]

Yep, TD usually keeps the offseason interesting, that's for sure :w00t: If I had to guess about a first rounder this year, I'd say probably not......but you never know. But chances are we can rely on a nice warm-up free agent signing at the stroke of midnight on the first day of FA.