who is gregg brandon?

Do some research on his former company (XOS digital)... They are on the cutting edge of all kinds of sports technology.... Russ had the power to hire years ago.... Say hello to the head of our new technology and analytics dept

No, he was hired to be the general counsel.

Wonder if this affects Littman's role? Littman had a Treasurer and/or CFO title in the organization if I recall correctly, but he's a lawyer. Wasn't Littman second only to Ralph on the Bills organization chart before Russ Brandon was promoted? I have a vague recollection of seeing that somewhere (maybe in the Bills media packet, or on company letterhead?). Not sure if that changed after Russ Brandon was promoted.

If Littman is being pushed aside, I wonder if a healthy (lucid?) Ralph would allow that to happen? Makes me wonder about Ralph's health, although I haven't tried to research Littman's age, so it might simply be that Littman wants to step away or reduce his role, or harbored resentment at Russ Brandon being promoted to CEO if Littman wanted the job title.

All speculation on my part, but when Ralph's top aide for years was lawyer Littman, who maybe got passed over for the CEO job, and now the CEO brings in his lawyer brother, it makes me wonder about possible in-fighting as Ralph fades further from the scene.

Or maybe Littman's role hasn't changed at all - - aren't we still under the cap?

Wonder if this affects Littman's role? Littman had a Treasurer and/or CFO title in the organization if I recall correctly, but he's a lawyer. Wasn't Littman second only to Ralph on the Bills organization chart before Russ Brandon was promoted? I have a vague recollection of seeing that somewhere (maybe in the Bills media packet, or on company letterhead?). Not sure if that changed after Russ Brandon was promoted.

If Littman is being pushed aside, I wonder if a healthy (lucid?) Ralph would allow that to happen? Makes me wonder about Ralph's health, although I haven't tried to research Littman's age, so it might simply be that Littman wants to step away or reduce his role, or harbored resentment at Russ Brandon being promoted to CEO if Littman wanted the job title.

All speculation on my part, but when Ralph's top aide for years was lawyer Littman, who maybe got passed over for the CEO job, and now the CEO brings in his lawyer brother, it makes me wonder about possible in-fighting as Ralph fades further from the scene.

Or maybe Littman's role hasn't changed at all - - aren't we still under the cap?

I thought the same thing--this move shows that Russ is fully in charge now and doesn't care/worry about the Wilson family looking askance at this hiring of his brother.

Thanks, too, for the link to Gregg's LI profile. I feel slightly better about the hire (other than my general on principal (earned by working at companies where it happened waaayyy too often to the company's detriment) distaste at hiring a relative) after reading that in that he does seem to have some more "general" corporate-type experience at his last job.

That said, I still believe that if the job opening was subject to an open, transparent, "blind" (i.e., resumes with identifying characteristics scrubbed off) process, it's borderline whether Gregg would have even made the cut for an initial interview. Jobs like this are amazingly competitive to get and would in most cases go to someone like a law firm partner in one of the major disciplines (like labor or corporate here) or someone with direct, relevant experience in a franchise or League legal dept. Just my two cents. That said, I wish Gregg well in the new role and I hope he can add some value to the team.....

I wish him well and luck, since he's part of our team, but believe me, there are many other people who are better qualified for that position....

I dunno, he might be a good fit. A guy who obtained a trademark registration for a cat litter product might be just what an organization that hasn't made the playoffs in this millenium needs:

http://www.trademark...b-78756485.html

Think of the additional revenues if the Bills put a Sani-Sorb logo on their uniforms.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead