Middle LBs

l< j

Kiko was out last night, and I am curious how the other guys did. What do we think about the depth there? I have heard very little about Bradham from either camp reports or game recaps/analyses, and wonder how he is coming along.

kj

Bradham looks very athletic but not very instinctive to me. I think he'll be adequate in the mix of talent around him.

Moats was solid but it's definitely a step down from Alonso.

Hughes was a pleasant surprise as a run defender. He could actually turn out to be a good all-around linebacker.

Dowtin has some talent but the Bills still need to upgrade this area because it's a bit thin.

Hopefully Kiko with his reckless style can stay healthy all season.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Why did you wait until o had no time to respond. Argh. I will make time I guess.

We need Alonso to protect the angles Tackle to Tackle. Nothing goes on in front of him in that area that he is not a part of. He can't be removed from that box. He has to have the speed to get there but the power to hold the charge more importantly. The DTsfor us must clear the way and spread the pocket for our d to work blitzes to work...

Unless Jerry Hughes is in and we just unleash his speed on the edge bin this case we need space fillers u. The middle so the QB cannotscramble ad pick up yards because a pass means Alonso could drop to cover.

So bringing it have circle I cannot imagine Bradham having the instinct to get those reads. He is a hard player I want him to be the hybrid DE/LB similar to Freeney that makes a QB watch him. The one to read the D off of - a smokescreen. A 3-4 front that is really a 4-3.

So full circle on Bradham. He is a strong side ILB a Jack in this D. A player who could struggle in position this year. A player who has to ether learn a new position or have a DC to use him as a skill set player. I am betting the latter

Other then that I do not see a direct contribution for this system by Bradham. This is Alonso's D.

There for I must say our inside LBs depth is weak. Beyond Alonso we have nothing similar in depth

We have Moats who is player but not a position. We have Hughes who has no buainess playing Mike. We have Lawson who is a cover 43 cover WLB. And we have Dowrin who is a backup OLB. .

Thanks guys. Good stuff. It helps this non-football guy to know a little bit about what the football guys are watching when they evaluate a player.

So we should think about LB in addition to DB and OL as problem areas for depth.

Thanks guys. Good stuff. It helps this non-football guy to know a little bit about what the football guys are watching when they evaluate a player.

So we should think about LB in addition to DB and OL as problem areas for depth.

The Farmer's post reminded me that I hadn't mentioned Manny Lawson.

While I knew he was considered a bona fide NFLer, I'm comforted to report that he doesn't look like a player in decline. Lawson has been very solid in both games.

The other free agent defender that the Bills signed, Alan Branch, looked very solid yesterday as well.

From what I've seen, we have good athleticism at LB. Kiko will be an animal with our D line playing how it is capable of. Moats seems to be taking a step forward now that he has found a home. Hughes was definitely a surprise for me. Glad he is working out, so far so good (fingers crossed).

Mostly, I'm just glad that we'll have the skill set to not be run past, juked out of our shoes and embarrassed as we have been in the past.