Did Gailey and Fitz make the Oline look better than it is?

freester

I think that Fitz made the entire team look worse than it really was. It's just my opinion of course but I think the team quit primarily because of Fitz. He is horrible against the blitz and had no touch or accuracy downfield. The 2 picks he threw against the Giants 2 seasons ago in an attempt to hit SJ down the side line exemplifies his limitations. The QBs that lead their teams to the playoffs complete those types of throws against a cover-2 all season.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Galleys sceme without a doubt masked both the problems with the line and fitzs arm. Remember how many different screens he ran to slow down the pressure. He really was good at designing plays, too bad he couldn't manage the game while calling plays.

But it's time to live in the now haha. We shouldn't worry because marrones specialty is o line. I can see why more seven step drops this year can make ya nervous. They are just going to have to use Freddy and keep him in the backfield to help block on deep routes. I'll be interested to see if gaskins can pick up a blitzer as well.