Cheney's Speech

swede316

The VP had an interesting speech. He reminds me of a college professor..Very even keeled and just giving you the facts...no rah rah...just the facts...So peeps...Just study the facts..the test is Nov 2nd...don't fail. Oh by the way...If you vote for Kerry...You failed. :blink:

The VP had an interesting speech. He reminds me of a college professor..Very even keeled and just giving you the facts...no rah rah...just the facts...So peeps...Just study the facts..the test is Nov 4th...don't fail. Oh by the way...If you vote for Kerry...You failed.  :devil:

15314[/snapback]

his facts not THE facts

Just as everybody criticized Kerry for not addressing his senate record at the DNC, I find it curious that nobody has had much to say about Bush's domestic track record. Cheney just mentioned that are economy is growing stronger. Every one clapped. The statistics just don't support Cheney at all. Laura Bush talked about GW's "no child left behind" plan and told us it was working. They all clapped. Recent reports show, however, that highschool graduation rates are dropping at an alarming rate, in states like Arnold's California, and GW's Texas. As a Texas resident for the last 14 years, and a former teacher, I can attest that the Texas public school system is a mess, and reached all time lows while Bush was governor.

The Republicans are great at hammering home all the hot topics (the war on terror, abortion, gun laws, GW's beloved death penalty), but they fail miserably on the day to day things that might not be as dramatic, but effect us all a lot more on a day to day basis. The Republicans just tell us things are working, but no statistics support them. GW's greatest strength seems to be that he can say whatever he wants, however he wants, and just refuses to quantify anything he says or does, unless it is rhetoric. Johh Kerry lost this election, becuase he was foolish enough to try to explain himself. Each time he does it, he looks more foolish. He should have learned at least something from GW's 2000 election....

Yes, be sure to take your test Nov. 4. I'll take mine Nov. 2.

BTW, the teacher is a nut job with zero credibility with anyone but hardcore Republicans. The GOP would have been better off skipping his speech b/c he gives everone else the creeps. Two very scary words: "President Cheney."

I watched the speech on CNN and when they showed Jim Kelly cheering him on (twice) I laughed in the face of every Kerry voting idiot on this board.

That's right you are idiots.

16766[/snapback]

So I should vote for Bush because Jim Kelly's a Republican? That makes sense.

So I should vote for Bush because Jim Kelly's a Republican?  That makes sense.

16779[/snapback]

Big Al, you are one of my favorite people on here, and I mean that. You are one of the most respectful people that i disagree with, but your answer is no; not how you phrased it.

I was in Kuwait and had to read John Kerry's acceptance speech instead of seeing it live like I saw the President's tonight. Once Kerry got over his self-worship over his service in Vietnam, his proposals were vague to say the least (and I can't believe it took him 55 minutes to say that little). The President's speech tonight was a stark contrast to to Senator Kerry's. It was a follow up to his January State of the Union, and as a returning OIF I/ II sailor, it served as reinforcement for the job I know we have done well in that theater.

Like it or not, this was the most that this Administration has revealed as to why we went into Iraq in the first place.

I love the irony that Jim Kelly has given us, and I'm not even sure that he is a Republican. Jack Kemp is, but I doubt all Buffalo quarterbacks are. Funny too that Flutie and RJ are probably both voting for Kerry this year.

Idiots.