Much Better Than Expected Receiving Corp.s

Yep. Expansion team WR corps. Will they improve? Absolutely. Will the passing game be great this year? not a chance, especially if EJ starts from day 1. This is a complete restart people. Get used to it. They wlll improve and hopefully the upside is tremendous. but 2013 will be ugly. Too many first year NFL coaches and players at key positions. Sorry. it is what it is.

I have to agree with this.

I can accept ugly as a natural part of the process, like in '86, as long as I see steady improvement and the emergence of young leaders on the team. Guys like Kelly for instance, that weren't afraid to make the team their own in spite of the entrenched views of established veteran leadership. That means having the stones to tell a guy like Mario, whose personality doesn't lend itself to that kind of leadership, to get with the program from time to time.

GO BILLS!!!

It's funny, about Woods. Over the last couple of weeks the PAC 12 network has been re-running a bunch of "best of 2012" games, a number of which included USC. Having only read about Woods, and never actually seeing him play (that I remember) I watched a fair amount of 3 games. Honestly, as a pass catcher, Woods didn't really stand out as much as I was expecting...it seemed like USC's passing game was mostly Barkley to Marquise Lee (he is very impressive!)...Woods receptions were mostly short passes to the sidelines, or just over the line of scrimmage for short yardage.

Where Woods really stood out, was in the physical aspects of the game....he really seems to enjoy mixing it up as a blocker, and making whatever contact necessary to make a short, tough, catch. He plays with an attitude that I can't recall any Bills receiver having in some time..maybe Eric Moulds (though he didn't look to have the big play potential of EM), before he resorted to just complaining about how he was interfered with on every play.

The "film study" also gave me a nice look at Nickel Robey...I am surprised he went undrafted. Kiko Alonso was very impressive in one game against USC. The kid is fast, and really seems to relish making a big hit.

Last season at USC it was the Barkley to Lee show. No one could run with Lee it wasn't even funny. If I were to compare woods to any receiver in the NFL it would have to be Stevie Johnson. Great release, great route runner, good to great hands. Blocks better than Stevie. Decent speed.