Anderson Silva Got Knocked the !@#$ Out!

I watch very little MMA; was Anderson's behavior normal for him? Even if it was an upset I can't imagine a fighter acting like that while facing an undefeated, #2 ranked opponent. It seemed childish and was obviously stupid. I have some friends that are into it a lot more than me who are saying the whole thing was fishy.

I watch very little MMA; was Anderson's behavior normal for him? Even if it was an upset I can't imagine a fighter acting like that while facing an undefeated, #2 ranked opponent. It seemed childish and was obviously stupid. I have some friends that are into it a lot more than me who are saying the whole thing was fishy.

That's par for the course with him. That's what makes it so satisfying. It's one thing to lose a fight after showboating, but to get knocked out WHILE showboating...that's priceless.

Nothing fishy about it. Silva does this sort of thing all the time. It's something he does to get a mental edge on his opponents and get them suckered into fighting his way. In this case he didn't want Weidman taking him down again, so he tried to appeal to Weidman's ego and get Weidman to punch himself out trying to hit the elusive target. Unfortunately for Silva, Weidman's attack was unorthodox and he zigged when he should have zagged. He may have learned a valuable lesson from this, we shall see.